We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returning June 2011!!!

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Returning June 2011!!!

Can't wait to get back to Coz!!!! I booked a room a Casa Colonial for June 2011, can't wait. The cool thing is I am going to try my hardest to keep it a surprise to my wife til about a week before we leave. Not to mention a year in a half is a looooonnnnnggggg freaking time!!!

Lees Summit, MO
Level Contributor
482 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Returning June 2011!!!

Wow, that is a long time to keep it a suprise! I don't think I could go that long without saying something. Good luck!!!

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returning June 2011!!!

I just have to say this....being a woman, I would be excited to go, BUT, having one week notice would not thrill me. I don't know your wife, of course, but there would be many women that would have many things to do in preparing for a trip, especially to somewhere like Cozumel.

You may need to give her a bit more notice. Just think about the things she may need to do in preparing, whether it be shopping, diet/excercise (if needed), whatever a woman might want or need to do.

I have to give you credit for wanting to surprise her and good luck with that. The trip itself is a surprise and a great one, so you may want to rethink the advance notice.

One thought is to give her a card every few weeks building up to the date of your trip and give her a hint as to your destination, such as the first card, put a date on it and nothing else. Then another week, put a word or so, like "Sunshine", and so on with your final destination. Just a thought, but it could make it even more exciting and fun.

Keep us informed as to what you do.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Returning June 2011!!!

Well when should I start placing cards out, 6 mo., 3 mo.? I know ladies have to have more time to prep. Men are easy though.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Returning June 2011!!!

Well, that can be up to you, since you know her needs and personality, just as long as she has plenty of time for putting it all together.

You are a nice hubbie for surprising her.

JOHNSTOWN, PA
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Returning June 2011!!!

I would start 3 months out. If she is like me, I like to anticipate and plan. The surprise will be even more cool with the cards. Wish my hubby would do something that sweet.

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Returning June 2011!!!

Well ladies I hate to dissapoint, but I am also going on the trip. So it is self serving as well!!!! LOL!!!

So start telling her 3 months out or she needs to know by 3 months out?

Do you really need three months to prepare? LOL, my word!!!!

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Returning June 2011!!!

If your wife is not the type to diet for something special, then I think one month would be ok. But you need to start the cards earlier and the last card that says "Cozumel", or however you want to word it at least one month before. If she is a worry wart and needs to do a lot, maybe sooner. You should know her enough by now to know her needs and habits. LOL.

Have fun with this! It can pay off also in the romance department. She may want to entice you into telling her, what, where and when.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Returning June 2011!!!

Now I can see the benefit to all of this... The "Romance" department!!! LOL

Thanks for all the input ladies!!! I qwill keep you posted!!!

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Returning June 2011!!!

Doesn't men know anything????

Romance is always what it's all about and don't ever forget it.

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Returning June 2011!!!

Nay!!! We are too stupid to remember little things like that!!!!