We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone Arriving By Cruise Ship Soon?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone Arriving By Cruise Ship Soon?

If so, the Red Cross needs your help if you're willing. The batteries for the portable respirators carried in the ambulances are no longer recharging and we need new ones. Our source is in Dallas, TX.

While these are "airplane safe" -- sealed, lead-acid -- I think it would be better to avoid questions or inspections by TSA and Mexican authorities by having cruise passengers bring them in.

They weigh 3 lbs. each. Dimensions are approx. 3" long, 2.25" wide, 4.25" high -- small enough to fit in a tote bag, backpack, dive or golf bag which may be taken off the ship by you and/or fellow passengers. I will meet your ship and stand at the pier entrance on the other side of security so you don't have to carry them further than the end of the pier.

We need 3 total. I will buy & ship to you. Please let me know if any of you will handle this.

Thank you very much,

Deb Bollag

Consejera

Cruz Roja Mexicana, Delegacion Cozumel

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
213 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone Arriving By Cruise Ship Soon?

I will be coming in on 17th of June if you still need hep with these batteries.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone Arriving By Cruise Ship Soon?

Thanks so much. The batteries are hot rush so we had to take the chance of flying them in. We'll either get them through Customs or not on Sunday. If we need to rebuy and try again, or if there's another item needed from the States, I'll let you know. Thanks again.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
213 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone Arriving By Cruise Ship Soon?

One week away

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone Arriving By Cruise Ship Soon?

Check your PM's.

5. Re: Anyone Arriving By Cruise Ship Soon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2010, 05:16