We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newcomers-please take notice of top asked questions...

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Newcomers-please take notice of top asked questions...

see? In the upper right? Cool huh?

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newcomers-please take notice of top asked questions...

They are newcomers, I am here a lot and didn't notice them until after about 2 weeks. I don't know why you are choosing to talk to them like they are 5, they are probably just here for the same reason everyone else is, to get answers.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,408 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newcomers-please take notice of top asked questions...

Agree, jd. Newcomers often dont notice--and they just feel better with a personal response.

Montana
Level Contributor
652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newcomers-please take notice of top asked questions...

Frog - you've only been posting here since November '09 which still makes you a semi-newbie yourself. This forum is for everyone, not just a select few.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,699 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newcomers-please take notice of top asked questions...

The Top Questions were developed to answer many of the frequently asked questions. Why not take advantage of it?

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newcomers-please take notice of top asked questions...

Well, EXCUSE me....I was just trying to help. Just trying to say...."hey. over there....you might get an instant answer to your question". Some folks are just always looking for someone to jump on....don't be mean. Just because I've only been on here since Nov. '09 doesn't mean I'm new to the island. My first trip was summer of '89.

Edited: 26 May 2010, 20:27
USA
Level Contributor
915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newcomers-please take notice of top asked questions...

this site has A LOT going on and it can be overwhelming. Sometimes things are asked before you even noticed the top ?? section. Besides, sometimes people just want 'personal attention'.

Indy
Level Contributor
951 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newcomers-please take notice of top asked questions...

Just my 2 cents...but I think the purpose of a forum is to learn more than we already know about(whatever) and maybe meet new people and talk to people we would not normally talk to as we pass on the street. If someone asks a redundant question, why not let it go and pass on any adivice you have to offer? It is good to point out that there is helpful information already posted on the site but maybe not in such a harsh manner. That may have not been the intent but that seems to be how it came across.

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Newcomers-please take notice of top asked questions...

If a question seems redundant to you or not important to you it is a lot nicer to not respond at all and just skip the question. Someone else will be nice enough and not bothered by responding.

My "favorite" response (actually least favorite) is to tell someone to search the forum! Granted, it is nice to know you can search, but it would be more helpful to provide a link and saying you found the answer by using the search feature.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Newcomers-please take notice of top asked questions...

I try to give a direct answer as best as I can but do mention the TQ's simply b/c there is a WEALTH of information there that many folks have contributed. That and they are easily overlooked. I do not try to answer subjective topics: what's the best...?, etc.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Newcomers-please take notice of top asked questions...

can anyone tell me what the weather will be like on July 25th ?

Just kidding - just trying to lighten the mood on this here vacation forum ! ha ha !