We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ok vets...our first time, please help !!

Elmwood Park, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
ok vets...our first time, please help !!

so................we are headed to wyndham sabor on june 7. i hear tons of yay's as well as nay's. so i signed up to get your opinions.

my wife and i have been to st. lucia and thats it. we are mid 30's but act 24. so needless to say we are out to not only relax, but party like we cant at home...(damn kid...lol) !!!

ok...seriously.......

the answers i need are..........

is it a good idea to rent a jeep for the day and explore the ruins with a map and alot of desire ? .....or should we book a pro guided tour to do this ? as i said we are going to be at the wyndham, sabor side....whatever that will include....it looks like there are ruins near where the resort is. but.....i noticed that no rental vehicles are allowed off-road. if the ruins arent off the main road, can we drive to them? also, i hear if we get pulled over, a $20 will help you out. is this true? was thinking about scooter rental, but wife on a scooter scares me..haha !!

since i have no clue what lies ahed.....please feel free to tell me whatever about cozumel you think we should know. and for gods sake, please remember....its our first time. but....we dont want to sit at the resort all day every day !!!

thanks good people !!

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ok vets...our first time, please help !!

Rent the Jeep and do the exploration by yourself. You can get enough information on here and other sources to plan your own trip

Don't bribe the cops, not a good idea in any country. They are either going to give a $20 ticket or they won't.

2. Re: ok vets...our first time, please help !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 May 2010, 17:35
Edited: 26 May 2010, 17:35
Elmwood Park, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ok vets...our first time, please help !!

can anyone recommend a good, affordable and reliable rental agency close to the wynham cozumel ?

also looking for a really good diving tour.....for rookies...lol

thanks !

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: ok vets...our first time, please help !!

ISIS...Margarita is very reputable and good price

Mentioned in this post
Margarita Island
Margarita Island
Coastal Islands, Venezuela
North Carolina
Level Contributor
583 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ok vets...our first time, please help !!

I did my first post certification dive with SCUBA TONY last week, he was excellent and only does small groups.

Cheers!

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ok vets...our first time, please help !!

A diving tour? You could literally spend months there, diving everyday and never dive it all... Just advise the outfit you pick that you are beginners and they will know where take you. Try, Aquatic Sports...

Elmwood Park, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ok vets...our first time, please help !!

thanks terry and beachteacher...you both said nice things about the car rental agency !! thats what i want to hear !! getting very excited to get there !! can you folks throw out some good snorkling spots ? wife and i are not dive certified and will only be snorkling on this trip !!

thanks again folks !

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ok vets...our first time, please help !!

Buy a can do map from mapchick (online)...it'll show you EVERYTHING! Order it right now and it will arrive in time.

Read the top asked questions in the upper right on this board.

Rent a car from Isis for at 2 or 3 days. No scooter.

There aren't ruins near your resort and the ruins on cozumel are small....but some folks enjoy them.

Glad to hear you'll be out and about.

Skim thru some of the most recent posts on here.

Elmwood Park, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ok vets...our first time, please help !!

mapchick looks awesome.....gonna get one when site goes back up !

good party spots ????

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ok vets...our first time, please help !!

You could try diving by taking a resort course, which is only a few hours of your time, but of all the in house ops on the island you're staying at a place with a dive op I wouldn't endorse. For ideas on where to snorkel, an island map & photos of some of the attractions see here.

www.picasaweb.google.com/CozumelTimeCapsules.