We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggest a AI Adults only with great beach and swimmable wave

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Suggest a AI Adults only with great beach and swimmable wave

I am planning our next trip to Mexico for Sept or October (I know-hurricane season...it can't be avoided). Stayed at the Valentin (Playa) last October but want to try something new. My greatest disappointment with that resort was the fact that I could not get into the ocean because of the crazy waves. (and the towel game but we won't get into that). Anyways, the waves were terrible-and it wasn't storming. I was so excited for a relaxing dip in the ocean...but alas, the water was way too crazy for anybody other than a 20-something brave male.

I have been told that if the swimming area is in a inlet, this eliminates the waves. Any suggestions on which resort fits this bill? I am not picky...anything 3-5 stars that is all inclusive and adults only.

Thanks!

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggest a AI Adults only with great beach and swimmable wave

Pretty much anything on the western side of the island doesn't have a lot of waves. East side is a different story. But the east side is all beach bars & not anywhere to stay anyway.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggest a AI Adults only with great beach and swimmable wave

I would recommend the Cozumel Palace or the Aura Wyndham. I havent been to either, but from what I have read and heard, these two are very nice AI's. Not sure which has a better beach, but these two would be a good start.

Art

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggest a AI Adults only with great beach and swimmable wave

I think Aura Wyndham has the only Adult AI...???

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggest a AI Adults only with great beach and swimmable wave

For waves, you'll have to spend a day on the east side but be careful of the undertow there.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggest a AI Adults only with great beach and swimmable wave

Thanks guys.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggest a AI Adults only with great beach and swimmable wave

The Aura Wyndham had very mixed reviews. Could anyone suggest another AI that fits my above criteria? (doesn't need to be AO)

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggest a AI Adults only with great beach and swimmable wave

If it doesnt have to be AI, I would suggest Playa Azul or Continental El Presidente.

Art

8. Re: Suggest a AI Adults only with great beach and swimmable wave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2010, 06:22