We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about something...hotel related

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
181 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Question about something...hotel related

Everyone here was very helpful to me when deciding about coming to Cozumel for a few days during our Playa Del Carmen trip in August.

Quite a few people recommended Playa Azul to me (I'm not looking to spend Coz Palace or Presidente prices). My question is this....during role call posts and whatnot it seems so many people say they are staying at El Coz or Park Royal (if not the 2 I mentioned earlier) and I never see anyone mention Playa Azul..I'm just curious why that is?

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

stephanie

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about something...hotel related

Because PR and EC are the less expensive hotel picks when booking a package. Playa Azul is lovely...you'll like it!

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about something...hotel related

I haven't stayed at Playa Azul but I have walked past on the beach and it is very pretty. The people I see there seem to be very happy, relaxed and look as you should on holiday!!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about something...hotel related

We love Playa Azul and have stayed there about 5 or 6 times. We're not AI people so it suits us well. It's a nice "quaint" little place. You can take fairly long walks to the north past El Coz & Melia. You won't be disappointed!

North Providence...
Level Contributor
357 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about something...hotel related

We have stayed at the Playa Azul twice and love it there! I don't know why more people don't mentioned it. Maybe because it is only 50 rooms and not AI so fewer people stay there. I can tell you it is one of the nicest hotels on the island and we have stayed in quite a few. The rooms are nicely appointed and all have big balconies that face the ocean. The service in all areas is prompt and friendly, and the breakfast buffet included with the cost of the room is plentiful and delicious, and they serve the best coffee of any hotel we have stayed at. The beach is small, but plenty big enough for all their guests, and the entry into the water is easy. The Playa Azul is a very relaxing place to stay..uncrowded, quiet, and beautiful.

Edited: 09 June 2010, 23:07
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
181 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about something...hotel related

Thanks so much for the replies...I think it will be the right place for us...it looks great!

stephanie

6. Re: Question about something...hotel related

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2010, 07:45