We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coconuts

indiana
Level Contributor
483 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Coconuts

Does anyone know how long it would take us to get from Playa Palancar to Coconuts and how much for a taxi ride? Also the ride back from Coconuts to the ship docks?I don't want to miss the boat, not that I wouldn't love to stay in Cozumel longer but I wouldn't have a way home.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coconuts

You will have a hard time with a taxi unless you find one that will wait for you while you are there? Not sure how many taxi's are available from Playa Planacar. But if they are there, see if you can share a ride with someone else to help with the cost. Coconuts is definetly worth going to by the way. It has a view to die for, and the atmosphere is excellent with the view, ocean, food, drinks, people all rolled up into one. You won't regret your decision. Sounds like a great combo of snorkeling at one of the best places available, and drinking at the same.

Enjoy

Art

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coconuts

From Playa Palancar to Coconuts can be driven in about 20 minutes I guess. It depends on how slow you drive to admire the scenery and the condition of the road.

If you are on a cruise and want to go to Playa Palancar by taxi and then go to Coconuts by taxi and then go back to the pier by taxi, you will be better off simply contacting Margarita at Rentadora Isis and getting yourselves a rather well-used convertible vw bug for about $35 per day WITH FULL INSURANCE.

Waiting on taxis at each of your stop may consume a lot of time...

Edited: 23 July 2010, 14:19
San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
29 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coconuts

I'd go ahead and hire a taxi for a few hours - rates seem to be negotiable - I think we got a guy to drive us around for a big chunk of the day for under $100 (under $70 I think actually)...it was great that we didn't have to worry about having more than one margarita at Coconuts (which you would if you rent a car - those margs are strong!)...we also stopped at a few other bars - completely worth the cost!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coconuts

Grab a taxi to ISIS, rent a car for the day, visit Playa Plancar, Coconuts and much much more for less than all the taxi fares to do the same and you will not waste any time waiting/relying on a taxi.

You can thank me later :)

Mike in Tulsa

5. Re: Coconuts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 05:17