We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage fee on Aero Mexico

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
385 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Baggage fee on Aero Mexico

We will be flying Aero Mexico on Monday to Cozumel out of Dallas (can't wait) and have never flown Aero Mexico. Does anyone know if they charge a bagge fee for checked bags? I read they do not but every flight we have taken lately (including a charter flight in May) charged a baggage fee. TIA

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage fee on Aero Mexico

You can find this sort of information on their website www.aeromexico.com which has an English option. It appears as if 1st bag is free (up to 50 lbs), 40 USD for a second checked bag.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage fee on Aero Mexico

We have used Aero Mexico out of DFW our last 3 trips. If you are taking the charter through Funjet, there are no fees or limit on weight or # of bags. They even serve real food, pastries & yogurt for breakfast, ham & cheese sandwich & chips for lunch. Beer & mixed drinks are also free and served after 11:00 am.

The only thing that bugs me is that they sometimes leave the cockpit door open while people are close by lined up for the bathroom. Even that is kind of refreshing...takes you back to pre 9-11 when the world was a better place.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage fee on Aero Mexico

That's who we're going on. I haven't flown with them for years. I did look on their website and it does say one free checked bag up to 50lbs and $40 for extra, but it was booking on their website. I didn't find anything on Orbitz, other than a drop down for Aeromexico.

Bobby, did you carry on any bags? It appears that you can take a carryon and purse, laptop, etc. It looks like a total of 2 carryon ...one under the seat and one above compartment....I hope so anyway.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baggage fee on Aero Mexico

Pat, I should have said the limits on the charter are different from their regularly scheduled flights.

We were concerned about one of our bags being overweight and the girl at the counter said "don't worry about it, we don't have those limits". She said the rules on the charter flights were different than their scheduled carrier flights.

Corinne had a laptop, a bag, and a suitcase she calls a purse. Sandy had 2 carryons in the above compartment, a bag, and a purse.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baggage fee on Aero Mexico

Our family of 4 also had 5 checked bags and there was no charge for the extra bag.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baggage fee on Aero Mexico

Thanks Bobby. Ha ha, I also have a suitcase I call a purse....but not really a suitcase! It's really a totebag, but will fit under the seat and one carry-on bag with wheels.

I booked with Orbitz, but the flight says Funjet. But when I go into Aeromexico.com, it won't let me check reservations, because it wasn't booked through them.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,172 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baggage fee on Aero Mexico

As with most carriers, when Aeromexico operates a charter, the rules are different and up to the charter operator. And the charter operator, such as Funjet, must supply you with information -- the airline will not do this and you must get the information from the wholesaler or charter operator. . (Can be several reasons for this--they may not actually have the passenger list yet and since they sell the seats at a reduced rate to the wholesaler, they want them to do the work)

8. Re: Baggage fee on Aero Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2011, 06:18