We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico Trip 2010 - Live from Cozumel

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico Trip 2010 - Live from Cozumel

Day 9 – Cozumel

This is a continuation of a family vacation though the Yucatan. So far we have done 4 nights on Isla Mujeres – found here : tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150810-i360-k3782…

2 nights Valladolid - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g499453-i9228-k380…

2 nights Akumal - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k380…

We got to the other side of the bay – got a taxi and negotiated a price for him to take us to the Cantamar – then to Thrifty to pick up our car – all for $10 ! Not bad !

This is our 2nd year in a row at the Cantamar – we stayed in 202 last year and am doing 102 this year. We got to the Condo and all I can say about it is this owner has furnished it for pure COMFORT ! The beds (2 king) are SOFT – sheets and blankets are SOFT – the sofa big FLUFFY comfy sofa ! Washer and dryer work superb ! Within just a few minutes of being here we fell in LOVE ! Great condo ! Right on the pool level – we already know the snorkeling here is awesome – but I’ll tell more on that later for this trip. We are extremely pleased. The one draw back and certainly no reflection on the condo itself is the building of the place next door. The banging gets a bit much – but if it wasn’t raining so much we wouldn’t be here.

Anyway – we are in Cozumel our home away from home and very happy to be here. Off to Mega we go !!!! We stock up on drinks – and snacks and sandwich stuff. By the time we get back to the condo we are worn out ! So we had a sandwich and relaxed. About 8:00 we headed out to Tony Romes for dinner. He is a friend of ours and our girls are the same age and are facebook friends. Nick and I had the ribs – Leo wasn’t hungry – Emily had spaghetti – and I had one of his famous Flamethrower margaritas. Good stuff – but by 10ish we were beat – there was no other customers so we were done for the night and Tony closed up the restaurant.

Day 10 –

Leo’s alarm is going off at 6am every morning. He keeps thinking he shut it off – but NO- 6am – and it goes off again – every day this vacation – I’m ready to throw the phone in the ocean ! Anyway – I’m up – everyone else is able to go back to sleep. I make coffee and check out the view and play on the internet until FINALLY everyone gets moving about 9. Then we head out to Del Museo for breakfast – my favorite. My other favorite waiter (besides Carlos at Tony Rome’s) is Wilfredo at Del Museo – he sees us coming in and gives us a great big welcome back and smiles and shakes everyone’s hand. It’s good to be back. : ) We love going there for Sunday morning breakfast because their menudo is the best- unfortunately since everyone woke up late – they were all out of menudo! Wilfredo promised to save us some for the next Sunday though – which is good because that will be our last meal on the island !

It started raining crazy out while we were eating our breakfast. So it looked like our day was washed up ! ha ha – we decided to go ahead and view the museum since Leo and I haven’t done this in about 6 years and the kids had never done it. I am so so glad we did – it’s 36 pesos each and a lot has changed in 6 years and it was awesome ! We all enjoyed it very much and I got some great photos ! The sun started shining while we were walking around the museum so it appeared our day was going to be nice after all !

When we got back to the condo we decided to do some snorkeling – the kids didn’t want to so just Leo and I went. It was wonderful to see the wall and all it’s colors – seemed even better then I remembered it from last year – lots of fish too !

Afterwards we hung out at the pool and met another family with kids Nicks age. We all decided to go to dinner together and since we had been drinking a few beers we decided to all get a cab to El Moro. We enjoyed a leisurely dinner and then took another cab downtown to the Sunday night festivities. There was a really good band playing and there were lots more people then I had seen down there before – lots of locals dancing. Nick and I danced and we all had a great time. After awhile we got a cab back to the condos and called it a night.

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico Trip 2010 - Live from Cozumel

Excellent report...

Thanks!!!

Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico Trip 2010 - Live from Cozumel

Great report. I'll have to ask you more about this condo when you get back.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico Trip 2010 - Live from Cozumel

Finished updating photo site too ! All 1400 so far ! Egads !

http://txgal.shutterfly.com/1896

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico Trip 2010 - Live from Cozumel

Gracias for the update. I hope the weather improves. Cantamar 102 is very nice. You should see Cantamar 303 with the murals painted all over the walls. Very cool also (you can't go wrong at Cantamar) and a great place to stay. Hopefully the construction should be done soon. PLEASE buy some doggie snacks at Mega, give them to Freeda and tell her we say hola and we'll see her again next May.

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico Trip 2010 - Live from Cozumel

I, too, love Tony Rome's ribs, Tony, Maria Jose, the kids, and of course Carlos. Thanks for your report!

Montana
Level Contributor
652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexico Trip 2010 - Live from Cozumel

TXGal - have you worn out your camera yet? Loved the pics, thanks.

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
173 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexico Trip 2010 - Live from Cozumel

Great post! We can't wait to get there... Saturday is only how many hours away?????

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mexico Trip 2010 - Live from Cozumel

Thanks everyone !

Mal Perro - we fell in love with Freeda last year and always give her treats. There are cats here now too that my daughter is in love with.

The camera is holding on by a thread ! ha ha !!!!

I'll update more later - off to Kinta for dinner !

Abilene, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mexico Trip 2010 - Live from Cozumel

Glad I found your post! We are currently staying in Cantamar 303 (arrived Tuesday which was 2 days late due to my lost passport) but it is beautiful here and expecting a wonderful week. Probably see you by the pool later today. We are from Abilene, Texas.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mexico Trip 2010 - Live from Cozumel

Awesome !!! We are moving a little slow this morning since we played a card game called BS with the neighbors in 202 last night (with a bottle of tequila) but we will all definitely be around today and look forward to meeting you.My husband is from Snyder and we have family in Abilene. : )