We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendation please

Kansas City
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendation please

I know the topic of favorite restaurants was brought up recently and I apologize for creating a similar topic, but I have a question.

My husband and I will only be in Cozumel for 3 full days and we are staying at an AI this coming weekend. We plan on going into town Sunday and would like to eat out at a restaurant in town. We would like somewhere nice, romantic, great food, great people etc. We are not too worried about cost, because again, we are only there for a few days and might only make it to town once. I would love mexican food or seafood.

Can someone please recommend a restaurant...kind of like the "You should not miss this place" type.

Thank you so much!

Indy
Level Contributor
993 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendation please

We loved Kinta but have not tried some of the others that often get mentioned here.

North America
Level Contributor
616 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendation please

Agree with recommendaton of Kinta, has a lovely and romantic outdoor garden/courtyard. Also Le Veranda, a bit pricer. Just check to make sure whichever place you choose is open Sunday.

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendation please

La Cocay is also lovely, very romantic outside, with fabulous food.

Maybe somewhere overlooking the ocean would be nice, so hopefully, someone else can chime in with a good suggestion for that.

Have a lovely time.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,004 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendation please

My vote for the best is LaCocay. Great food, romatic garden dining--and Kathy , owner is there to oversee everything. She is my kind of hostess--warm and gracious but not in your face, as with some other places.

http://www.lacocay.com/

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Recommendation please

I hate to be a pain here but I'm gonna be one... La Veranda is quite lovely, service is impecable, and you're likely to be the only people there. Kinta's garden is also quite romantic. But at this time of the year, you really don't want to blow a romantic dinner in town by fighting off mosquitos, do you?!

I highly recommend Kinta -- inside seating -- and it's open on Sunday -- make a reservation -- you won't regret that choice. Close to the plaza so you can see what's going on over there after dinner.

Another great restaurant with indoor seating is La Cocay but the room is larger & brighter than Kinta's.

USA
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Recommendation please

We just loved Kinta.

We passed around an Avon SSS bug sheet and everyone had a quick wipedown when we sat down, and the bugs didn't bother us a bit.

Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Recommendation please

Those are my favorite two restaurants.... Kinta is a bit smaller, so reservation in the back patio would be recommended. They have both seafood and a Mexican Bistro variety on the menu....

However...La Cocay has a seared tuna that is AMAZING!!!!! But they are closed on Sunday....maybe do Kinta on Sunday and La Cocay another night?

Can't go wrong either way.

8. Re: Restaurant Recommendation please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 08:17