We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wyndham - distance and couple of other questions...

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Wyndham - distance and couple of other questions...

Hello all! When I'm reading the reviews on the Wyndham, do these include the "time-share" rooms? Are they the same? We are staying at the Regency Club and I can't seem to find out if this is the same as the Wyndham. Also, would we be able to get a cab or bus to Coconuts? Would like to visit but not interested in driving. Finally, where is MEGA located in relation to where we are staying? Thanks all, and can't wait to be there in 12 sleeps!!!!

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wyndham - distance and couple of other questions...

You will have no trouble getting a cab to Coconut's. If there aren't any at your hotel (and I'm sure there will be) just tell the front desk you need a cab. Arrange to have the taxi wait for you wherever you go on the east side. You should drive the while east side. Mega is in town and that is a $20. cab ride. Have fun. Take lots of sunscreen and bug spray and expect to pay alot more for sundry items (ESPECIALLY if you buy it at your resort) than you would at home.

Delaware
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wyndham - distance and couple of other questions...

The Mega is about 15 minutes north of where you are staying. It is very close to town. You will pass it coming from the airport to check in. Definitely not walking distance.

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wyndham - distance and couple of other questions...

Mega is 150 peso ride, so actually only about $12. I would personally rent a car from someone like Isis in town and use that means of transportation. Only $30 for a VW, then you are free to tour the island as much as you want, and whenever you want, it gets real pricey going to Coconuts in a cab as you will need to hire the cab for several hours as it doesn't make sense for empty cabs to tool around on the East side looking for a fare, chances are you wont find one

4. Re: Wyndham - distance and couple of other questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 08:16