We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

birthday cake!

colorado
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
birthday cake!

My granddaughter will have her 9 year old b-day in Cozumel. Where can we get a cake? Any ideas on a good birthday party?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,481 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: birthday cake!

You can get good cakes at Mega or at the Zermat bakery on 5. Of course many bakeries around town with good cakes.

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: birthday cake!

If you are staying at one of the AI resorts they may gladly bake and present the birthday cake. They do at Palace Resorts anyway...

North America
Level Contributor
621 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: birthday cake!

I suggest you contact Linda Staton, who lives on the island. She makes beautiful cakes and will decorate to your specifications or offer suggestions. I have had the pleasure of sampling quite a few of her baked goods and they are much better than the cakes at the stores. Her brownies and orange cake are to die for. The cakes at the store look nice, but I don't think they taste that great. Email Linda at:

lstaton42@hotmail.com

As well, there is a bakery on 30th and calle 5 sur that is popular with locals called St. Martin. - it is one of the oldest bakeries on the island and they make decent cakes and the best flan ever. Prices are reasonable.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: birthday cake!

I also recommend Linda Staton! She makes the best chocolate cake. I know you are asking about a child's birthday cake, but her chocolate Kahlua cake is outstanding. Send her an email and I'm sure she would be happy to share pictures of her past creations.

Richmond Hill
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: birthday cake!

Wow I am going to have to save this information as we are celebrating a 50th Birthday when we are there for New Year's.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: birthday cake!

I also would recommend the AI, if you are staying at one, It would be the most convenient way, if it matters.

I'm sure the other suggestions are good as well.

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: birthday cake!

There are no better cakes than Linda's and she'll deliver.

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
252 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: birthday cake!

I take my wife to Mexico every year for her birthday. Every time I have been able to get the AI to make her a cake. Not once have they asked for money but a good tips brings smiles around. We will be eating a cake in October in Cozumel, can't wait.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,969 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: birthday cake!

Linda's Key Lime pie still makes my mouth water.

We got two from her a while back. I hid one in the back of the fridge so I could have it all to myself.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: birthday cake!

Mark, that key lime sure sounds good,

Remember this is for a 9yr old, I'm sure she wants the traditional birthday cake.

Or, maybe you're just saying all her pies and cakes are good.