We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazing Cozumel Race - Truly was amazing!!!

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Amazing Cozumel Race - Truly was amazing!!!

Just finsihed a 7 day Carnival Cruise with my family and came across an excursion which was truly great. We were tired of the same old snorkeling, beach, jeep tours, and wanted to try something else. The Amazing Cozumel Race is listed as an adventure tour but it really wasn't that grueling. It was similar to the TV show the Amazing Race (but we didn't have to eat any bugs). We raced against 9 other teams throughout Cozumel and had to solve puzzles and find hidden clues throughout the city. My son even had to dive in the water and find clues on a sunken ship.

The guides were great and the whole race lasted about 1:45 minutes. We didn't win (because my wife was too slow) but we did have a great time and I hope they change up the race next time so we can try again. If I had to say anything negative about it, it would just be that we found it to be pretty easy. My family loves games and puzzles so we are always up for a challenge. The puzzles themselves were pretty easy.

Still, a great adventure and a great time!

North Providence...
Level Contributor
371 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amazing Cozumel Race - Truly was amazing!!!

Stevie,

Was this excursion through the Cruise line? I would love to know more about it. My husband and I are huge fans of the tv show The Amazing Race, even downloaded the application to see what it would take to participate. It sounds like a fun thing to do. Happy to know you did not have to eat any bugs!

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amazing Cozumel Race - Truly was amazing!!!

Yes, it was through Carnival. We found it in the shore excursion brochure they left in the cabin. The race was a lot of fun and I truly see why some couples on the show get so mad at each other. I was with my wife and two kids and the three of us were very competitive and wanted to run everywhere and win but she simply wanted to stroll and see Cozumel (granted it was VERY HOT the day we did it). They do a great job of giving clues in very creative ways. If you are a fan of the show you will certainly do great. It's funny, I too applied for the show but didn't make it either. My one word of advice is be careful of the locals. They all know that you are racing and some will try to give you help. However, others will say they are giving you help and point you in the wrong direction. Trust your instincts and have fun. Out of all the shore excursions we did, this was definitely our favorite.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amazing Cozumel Race - Truly was amazing!!!

Looks like this is only available to Carnival cruise pax..

racefantastique.com/racefantastique.com/5391…

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amazing Cozumel Race - Truly was amazing!!!

I did a search in google for Cozumel tours and found a website that offers this excursion not only to cruise ship passengers but to hotel guests. I think the company was cozumel tours and it was listed as cozumel scavenger hunt....I think the cost was around $60-70 per person

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amazing Cozumel Race - Truly was amazing!!!

The one and only Amazing Cozumel Race is available to everyone, not just Carnival passengers. (At one time it was exclusive to Carnival.) Just check out: www.theamazingcozumelrace.com.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,023 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amazing Cozumel Race - Truly was amazing!!!

In looking at the links, I only see it can be booked through Carnival. That is typical Carnival since they like to control to keep the prices high. I could have missed something!

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amazing Cozumel Race - Truly was amazing!!!

I think that is the way it used to be, but I believe it is available to anybody now. I know Royal Caribbean will be adding it soon and I think it is available directly from them I suggest a Google search under Amazing Cozumel Race and I think you will find it. Good luck and let me know if you liked it as much as we did.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amazing Cozumel Race - Truly was amazing!!!

so has anyone done this that has not been on a cruise ship? If so, how much was it?

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amazing Cozumel Race - Truly was amazing!!!

There have been two companies offering this & the excursions are almost identical, though they use different venues. The company that's been primarily marketing to cruise passengers is The Race Fantastique out of LA. The company that's been primarily marketing to land-based visitors is Caribbean Scavenger Hunt, which costs $69 per person. Both are known here as "The Amazing Cozumel Race."

10. Re: Amazing Cozumel Race - Truly was amazing!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 August 2010, 17:57