We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Texas to CZM...sooo frustrating!

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Texas to CZM...sooo frustrating!

My husband is a teacher....so only has certain days off. Looking for flights ONLY from Dallas, San Antonio, Houston or Austin. In Nov. (Thanksgiving) or Dec. (Christmas)....checked Continental, United, Suncountry, Funjet, American blah, blah,blah.

Prices range from $470. to 1008. EACH. Would do a package if I HAD to...but want to stay w/ our friends.

Any ideas or tips?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Texas to CZM...sooo frustrating!

Buy the cheapest package and stay with your friends? LOL

Ridiculous game it is. (check monday flights sometimes is cheaper)

Edited: 17 September 2010, 22:27
Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Texas to CZM...sooo frustrating!

Try American on Tuesdays as they run "specials" at various times on that day and they may be shown for only an hour or so--------we have learned from experience, if you find a "good" price, book it immediately!!!!!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
925 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Texas to CZM...sooo frustrating!

Unfourtunatly, prices are high sometimes. We try and plan ahead and be flexible on our trips. I am sure its a bit harder working around a teachers schedule during the school year. The reality is prices are higher when demand is higher during school vacations. Try flying into Cancun, that may save you a bit. It has always amazed me that I can fly to Cozumel from the northeast for just about the same from Texas. Go figure!

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Texas to CZM...sooo frustrating!

Christmas holidays will be more expensive...that's high season, usually Thanksgiving is also. If you found $470 for air, I would grab it.

This is slow season right now, as you know and the air is absolutely ridiculous....over $600. ea.

As already suggested, check traveling on different days. I've always seen travel advisors say check at midnight.

Victoria, Texas
Level Contributor
430 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Texas to CZM...sooo frustrating!

Check Fun Jet Vacations for a flight only deal!

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Texas to CZM...sooo frustrating!

Funjet does flight only...for the summer only.

Texas
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Texas to CZM...sooo frustrating!

Out of DFW we are just stuck with either Sun Country or American into Cozumel and they do totally take advantage of us.

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Texas to CZM...sooo frustrating!

Yes they sure do. It's cheaper to fly from northern or eastern states.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
310 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Texas to CZM...sooo frustrating!

For the person that said buy a package and then stay with friends, I would advise you to go ahead and check into the hotel. I have booked my boss packages that way simply because it cut the cost considerably. I have heard horror stories of not checking into the hotel and the return flight ticket back had been cancelled. Don't want that to happen in Mexico --- or maybe you do!!!!!!! If it would be for 7 days Orbitz has a 1000.00 code that really helps in the price.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Texas to CZM...sooo frustrating!

patience, there will be a sale....there always is.