We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help pick a place for a young at heart girls trip

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
northwest
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Please help pick a place for a young at heart girls trip

I am just starting to plan our trip 4 women in late 40's . I would love opinions on where to stay we of course want everything wonderful and not spend much money (LOL) !!! Don't we all? We have no kids with us so no need for kids clubs but don't mind kids. We would like an all inclusive , a good beach , good variaty of food and some fun spots there to have drinks and maybe do a little dancing in other words somewhere that has some night life. Thanks so much for all help I know this is a question that you get time and time again. I have been looking into old post too. I will have many questions as the time goes on so thank you in advance for all help!

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help pick a place for a young at heart girls trip

I would say El Cozumeleno, but no nightlife there... You will probably need to stay some place closer to town, so that you can stumble home... LOL

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help pick a place for a young at heart girls trip

Not many of the hotels have alot of nightlife IMO. At least not late into the night or anything very lively. I guess depends on who and what kind of guests they have that week. You could stay at Park royal and walk to live salsa music at La Palapita (Fridays?) and La Hach right next to there has live bands sometimes. Alot of people love to go to the Money Bar for their live music and dancing. We don't go there.

Hotel Cozumel is withing walking distance of town. Don't miss Sunday night on the plaza.

Edited: 28 September 2010, 18:09
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help pick a place for a young at heart girls trip

Hi webfeet,

I noticed two replies mentioned properties in Cozumel.

Is that where you want to go?

If not, let me know and I can suggest resorts like Secrets Capri and Riu Palace Riviera Maya in the Riviera Maya area,

Riu Cancun in Cancun.

Vallarta Palace in PV.

If I know where you want to go I could suggest others.

Montana
Level Contributor
652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help pick a place for a young at heart girls trip

The replies probably mentioned Cozumel properties as this is the Cozumel forum. Webfeet - if money is not an issue you should look into the Cozumel Palace. Highly rated and close to town.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help pick a place for a young at heart girls trip

If you really wanted to stay on Cozumel and wanted nightlife, I would take the ferry to Palyacar for lots of nightlife!

It's only 30 minutes each way and $18 roundtrip

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help pick a place for a young at heart girls trip

I'm sure don means Playa Del Carmen. From the original post I assume money IS an issue.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help pick a place for a young at heart girls trip

Opps.. I ment PLAZA Playacar, 1/2 a block from the ferry dock from where you can head North to the night spots.

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help pick a place for a young at heart girls trip

I'd suggest you check out Cozumel Palace. Excellent food, ambiance and amenitites. Decent snorkeling as it is located on the ironshore with a man-made beach area above the ironshore. But, the location means that you can WALK to the dance spots without having to rent a car or pay for taxis both ways every evening.

If you do decide to rent a vehicle then contact Margarita at Rentadora Isis.

Vandalia, Ohio
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help pick a place for a young at heart girls trip

Check out the El Cid. My wife and I (40's) are going in Dec. and choose it for the price and location. It's close enough to downtown for the night life and offesr the AI package.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help pick a place for a young at heart girls trip

El Coz has really great rates for an AI and has all the things you need in resort. The cost to get in and out of town in about 7.00 usd each way. Not too bad when you are sharing with a few people. The taxi ride is about 5 minutes and the bell captain calls one right to the door when you need one. Another great thing about that hotel is the beautiful ocean views. They also have room service.