We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Climbing Wall

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
882 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Climbing Wall

I happened to notice a climbing wall in someone's photo album that Club Cozumel Caribe has a climbing wall. I can only find an adventure package for $60. Would prefer not to spend that kind of money. Any other cheaper options? Thanks!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,615 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Climbing Wall

There is a zip line business using man-made towers just south of Puerto Maya. I have not personally done it so I can't tell you how good it is. I didn't see a climbing wall, but they may have one.

Here is a picture of the climbing wall at Cozumel Caribe. The food and snorkeling is good there. You could tie this into your snorkeling trip. Jump in at Coral Princess, have your friends meet you at CCC and you snorkel to CCC. It should take about 60-90 minutes to do the 2 mile drift.

…google.com/NahHaCozumel/…5298770589173657810

The picture was taken from the roof of the soon to be torn down "Ghost Ship" hotel. For those that like Bucaneros as a place to eat, that will stay in business.

I was impressed by the CCC wall climb operation. A thorough, indoor safety class and decent equipment. I think they call themselves Alaska Adventure.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Climbing Wall

It's Alaska Mountian Guides, and they charge 60 bucks for the climb and snorkel combined. You can do just the climb for 45 bucks and snorkel the same place on your own for free if you have equipment. There's a nice little beach/pool/cafe there worth visiting.

I stayed at the "ghost hotel" a few years back. The place is a mess outside but try walking thru the lobby and it's really nice inside. The rooms are very nice studios. I enjoyed sitting on the balcony of my 10th floor room watching the climbers on the ropes. Some of the customers they have had no business climbing a set of stairs! The crew there really did a good job at making sure everybody had a good time...

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Climbing Wall

Great! Using google I was able to find their $60 tour but was not aware of the $45 option. This could work as long as they take wet money. Any idea when they close up for the day? It could be fairly late by the time we take the lazy route to get there. I guess I could just call or email them. Thanks again!

4. Re: Climbing Wall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2011, 06:41