We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo suggestions?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indy
Level Contributor
951 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Condo suggestions?

I am trying to plan a trip mid February. We have a condo in town that we love but we may have friends joining us and they will probably want to be on the water. Looking for 2-3 bedroom, 2 bath, fairly modern, pool, ocean access and close to town (preferably 1 mile or less). I know its a lot to ask for but I have seen some in my search. Would like a rate of around $1500 or less for the week. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
310 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo suggestions?

We love El Cantil. Has all that you want. We have stayed in one of the two bedrooms and it was very nice. Look them up on the internet. It is by far one of the nicest condos close to town.

Texas
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo suggestions?

Check out Cantamar. About a mile from the south edge of town.....

cozumel
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo suggestions?

Hey crunch!-------that would be from the NORTH side of town........but good idea.

Indy
Level Contributor
951 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo suggestions?

Thanks for the replies. Those are the 2 that I found that looked closest to town. Both look nice. I am probably leaning toward El Cantil as it seems to be closer to town and newer. Is anyone familiar with both that can tell me if access into the water is better at one or the other?

Thanks

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,023 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo suggestions?

you "jump right in" at both places.. El Cantil has a large dock if you need a dive boat pick up... and you can walk across the street to either grocery store!

We always rented casa del mar at Cozumelparadise.com if you want to see the inside layout.. it has direct access to the pool and palapas on the man-made beach.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo suggestions?

Have stayed at Cantamar for the last 2 trips - love it there ! Also Miramar is nice on the North side but farther from town.

Linkslady - how is the snorkeling at El Cantil ?

At Cantamar it's great and almost zero boat traffic.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo suggestions?

TXgal, the snorkeling is just ok, I think its a little better up where you stayed. There is more boat traffic, but between the Palace and El Cantil there is a large roped off area.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Condo suggestions?

Thanks Zman - that's what I thought - but wasn't sure. being in town would have it's advantages - but I'm in the ocean alot !

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,023 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Condo suggestions?

TX Gal it's okay.. and just North you can snorkel to the collapsed dolphin pen (thanks Wilma) and there are alot of fish (this is where we saw the huge ball of fish like something out of Nat'l Geographic).. Not alot of boat traffic by el Cantil and to the North. Most of the boat traffic goes to the Palace.

The roped off area is in front of the Palace for their guests.

MinneSNOWta
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Alexandria
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Condo suggestions?

We've stayed at this condo at El Cantil 3 times and loved it every time. 2BR, 2BA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpQCpCAKdhU

But if you need both bedrooms to be oceanfront, make sure you check out Linkslady's site.