We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the max you can withdraw at a Santander ATM?

Lees Summit, MO
Level Contributor
482 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
What is the max you can withdraw at a Santander ATM?

I have read a few different posts and one says the max is $3000 and another said $5000. Is anyone there now or recently used one these ATMS? Also, if anyone knows; do the Santander ATM's usually have decent exchange rates?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
944 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the max you can withdraw at a Santander ATM?

Not sure of the max amount. We usually just take $3000 at a time. The exchange rate varies day to day but with a Bank of America account there are still no fees. The fees charged by other ATMs can range from 1-4%. I read that that may change as Bof A sold its interest in Santander. I also read that Scotia Bank has a relationship with Bof A and there are no fees for their ATMs in Mexico. Can anybody confirm that??

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
533 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the max you can withdraw at a Santander ATM?

The exchange rate is not set by the ATM - but by your bank that you are withdrawing money from - same with the fees. Each ATM may have a transaction fee (no more than $10 pesos) - but other fees if any are determined by your bank.

As far as max withdrawal, Santander is $5000 (currently about $416 USD) per transaction - but depending on how much your bank allows you to withdraw, you can make multiple withdrawals one after the other up to the limit set by your bank.

Lees Summit, MO
Level Contributor
482 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the max you can withdraw at a Santander ATM?

Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure how the exchange was because I have read so many posts suggesting you will get better exchange rates at certain places so I was beginning to get confused; cambios vs hsbc vs others! 3 days and counting!!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,893 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the max you can withdraw at a Santander ATM?

Best exchange rate is with an ATM from my experience. Essentially the official exchange rate.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,113 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the max you can withdraw at a Santander ATM?

Used to be the Mexican ATMs had a fee of about 10 pesos--but that hasnt been the case for some time. Most now seem to be in the 20 to 30 peso range--but they will give you the figure for you approval before completing the transaction.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,733 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the max you can withdraw at a Santander ATM?

Santander max withdrawal is 6,000 Pesos per transaction.

Edited: 11 November 2010, 02:52
7. Re: What is the max you can withdraw at a Santander ATM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2011, 07:34