We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any private dive masters for 3-4 divers

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Any private dive masters for 3-4 divers

Just curious if anyone can recommend a dive outfit on Cozumel that is willing to take out small private groups of 3-4 divers? We are staying at the Cozumel Palace.

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any private dive masters for 3-4 divers

I highly recommend Blue XT Sea! They pick up at the Palace with no problem and their divemasters are excellent, safe and fun to boot. I'm sure they can cater to anything to match what you are looking for.

Webpage is:

www.bluextseadiving.com

There is a toll free number listed there as well.

Have fun!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
7,094 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any private dive masters for 3-4 divers

Another good choice would be Scuba Tony. www.ScubaTony.com

Very personalized service.

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any private dive masters for 3-4 divers

Another option to consider is Mestizo Divers. (www.mestizodivers.com) Freddy Contreras could be counted on to make your diving enjoyable and safe. He has a great boat too!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any private dive masters for 3-4 divers

Another option:

aldora.com

Do not take this as gospel but with four divers you "may" be able to get a boat to yourself. Or just hire a private DM regardless of the other divers.

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any private dive masters for 3-4 divers

Another vote for Tony Anschutz at Scubatony.com...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any private dive masters for 3-4 divers

Second thumbs up for Blue XT, they are great to dive with, small boats with personalized service. As Betsy said they are a lot of fun and their DM's are top notch for experienced or novice divers.

budaman51
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Any private dive masters for 3-4 divers

You can arrange a private charter with Dive w/Martin. 3 or 4 with own boat & DM for around $350. They are located adjacent to the Intl. Pier. We have arranged these several times for our trips.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any private dive masters for 3-4 divers

I use Scuba Du and I always have a private DM. We're on a boat with other divers, but no problem with that. They have other dive masters.

It's always just myself and my DM. We go off on our own and get all the bottom time we can do. We're always the last ones up, unless the other groups go after we do. We're usually down at least an hour.

I use Hector for my DM. He's great!

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any private dive masters for 3-4 divers

I would recommend BlueProject Cozumel (www.blueprojectcozumel.com) . Blanca and Paco are a great team and make sure you enjoy every minute of your dive time. They are great fun, professional and pick you up and drop you off wherever you are staying and come and chat with you to find out exactly what you want to do, where, your experience level, etc. Have a look at their reviews under "Things to do" on the left side of this page.

BlueXTSea is also excellent.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any private dive masters for 3-4 divers

There are two ways to go regarding private dives:

1. You can hire your own divemaster who will take you on a privately-guided tour but you may be on a boat with other divers as Oceanfreak described above. Depending when you come down, you may end up on a private boat as well, but that's unikely if you'll be here during the high season when dives ops run at capacity. This is the most reasonably-priced option for private diving because you pay regular prices for diving plus the cost of one extra DM.

2. You can charter your own boat with private captain, DM and possibly a first mate, which costs quite a bit more per day.

Any operator can arrange private diving and many pick up at the Coz Palace pier. Some ops that begin their trips downtown and pass the Palace daily are (in alphabetical order): Albatros Charters, Aldora Divers, Aqua Safari, Blue XTSea, Deep Blue, Dive Paradise. I did not add Aqua World to the list -- it's the hotel op -- because I cannot recommend them.

Edited: 12 November 2010, 18:50