We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkel tour

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
365 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkel tour

If we decide to do a snorkel tour to one or more of the reefs we would want to stay as long as we want, not a predetermined time set by a tour company. Are there any tours that allow this?? Any websites?? Dollar amounts?? We went on a tour in Cancun & were so disappointed with the amount of time actually in the water. And, we found out they took us to a location that we could have easily reached from shore on the Isla Mujeres. We snorkeled at Xeh Ha for over 6 hours & loved it even if the water tended to be a bit murky in spots. Thanx everyone for helping on this round of ???s. I'll probably know all of you by name by the time we leave in, like, 300 days!!! ha ha

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
57 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkel tour

We took a snorkeling trip with Manta Raya Divers when we were in Cozumel and loved it. It was just the four of us on the boat and we literally snorkeled until some of us could no longer swim. They have a few different options for snorkel trips. We did the "Tour Tres" in the afternoon one day. If you are the only ones on the boat, then they will let you dictate how long you stay at each site. Fernando was very good about communicating with us by email before we arrived. See my review for more details.

I am sure there are other great snorkeling tours available on the island. We just though that this was the best value and we had a wonderful experience.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkel tour

The absolutly best snorkel trip I ever took in Cozumel is a private charter through Mayan Paradise Tours . Biz for $45 pp. You need at least 4 people to begin with for a total of $180 - but can add as many as 4 more ! We went to some wonderful reefs and since we are familiar with Cozumel they let us stay longer at some of our favorites and leave at one I wasn't comfortable with because there was too many people. It was great !

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkel tour

If you have enough snorkelers to book the entire boat then probably most any private tour operator will do as you wish. If you want to stay extended periods the price will be more naturally. Just contact, via email any of the more popular snorkel operators and see what they say.

As for Xel-Ha...

It is one of my favorite mainland based snorkel spots, due to the diversity of the meandering river and the inlet emptying into the ocean. The 'murky' water found there is due to the freshwater of the river mixing with the salt water found in the inlet. Once you move away from the mixing zone the salt water clears up and the freshwater clears up too... Did you experience jumping from the rock cliff? Walk the rope bridge?

Norfolk, VA
Level Contributor
136 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkel tour

I highly recommend Mystic Snorkel. When we went to Cozumel in October 2008 I wanted a private snorkel trip without the party atmosphere of a catamaran tour. It was just the 4 of us, Rosie and her driver Alex. We had an awesome time, went to 3 reefs and felt well taken care of. We would absolutely book with Rosie the next time we are in Cozumel (Oct. 2011).

Cheers!

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
365 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkel tour

What was the cost of the Mystic Tour?? How long were you out?? I don't mind being in a small group. I just don't want the big tour with fins in my face & everyone scaring away the marine life. Thanx for the info.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkel tour

A friend of mine in CZM can personalize a tour for you..

http://www.2dsdivingandtours.com/

We used her a couple of months ago for a private snorkel /dive tour and she took us wherever we wanted to go.

We've booked her for later this month for a day trip to el Cielo to just hang out and snorkel.

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkel tour

Deanna w/ 2sdiving is way cool....she's new. Give her a try.

Edited: 13 November 2010, 21:41
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
481 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkel tour

Hey Links...can I go too? Oh, wait...never mind. With all this snow I almost forgot, I'll be there! Can't wait! Have heard great things about this trip!

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snorkel tour

yup Mr. PairoJax.. great trip and a great boat too! You might want to request the "no-thong" version LOL

Tiger the snorkel dude guide likes to wear a thong.. really nice guy but not the bod to go with it ja ja..

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snorkel tour

Hey everyone - wondering if any of those snorkel boats mentioned was a large one with a bathroom (head). We chose Mayan Paradise Tours because it was a large boat with shade and a head - but we'd be open to try others next summer if they could accomodate with those 2 things.