We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Cozumel ATM?

Courtice
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Cozumel ATM?

There is so much scattered information about getting money exchanged that I'm confuddled re my specific situation as I don't know the area at all-we are staying at the Iberostar Cozumel. I plan on taking enough pesos for expenses such as tips and incidentals, but wonder if there is an ATM at our hotel in case we run short? I do have a separate vacation account, so I am not worried about using an ATM.

We are brand new to Mexico, I am so excited. I've spent hours pouring through the reviews here and I have to say what a friendly informative bunch you are - thank you very much, you made it pretty easy to choose our vacation spot for this year.

The only thing outstanding for me is how best to obtain money if I run out. We don't plan on leaving the resort during our stay - actually we will be taking on some traits of the three-toed sloth...sleep, eat, drink, read, swim, nap, rinse and repeat, therefore walking/driving will probably not be something we will muster the energy to do...I'm not interested in exploring and hope there are options really close by if we need more money.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Only 9 more sleeps...

Courtice
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Cozumel ATM?

Ok, guessing there are no options close by?

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Cozumel ATM?

I think you should call the resort and ask them.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,515 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Cozumel ATM?

It's been years since I stayed there but for both visits we exchanged US for pesos at the front desk, and I'm reasonably sure you could do the same with traveler's cheques. If you don't intend to venture far from the resort you won't need much cash, and if you just need most of it for tipping take an assortment of $1.00, $2.00 & $5.00 in US cash. There is a safe in your room, so keep most of it there, and don't take any big bills unless it's to pay for high ticket items such as diving because most merchants can't make much change.

I've also consulted my photos from 2007 & there's no mention of an ATM in the brochure, nor on the site map.

…google.com/CozumelTimeCapsules/…

Courtice
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Cozumel ATM?

Thanks guys :)

5. Re: Iberostar Cozumel ATM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2011, 05:15