We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling

Salt Lake
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Snorkeling

f you want to spend a wonderful day on the beach, free from high pressure sales on their food and drink, Alberto's is the place. The fresh fish was great, but the cerviche was a little tough, and overpriced. Best of all was Alberto's snorkeling tour boat and "Challa" our fantastic tour guide. Challa was very knowledgeable of local reefs and took us to some of the same reefs that divers go to, as well as some unbelievable shallow snorkleing areas. There was an abundance of sea life, and the drift snorkel was so easy and fun. Two and one- half hours on the boat with three stops, close to the beach, a clean boat, gear available, for the reasonable price of $35 a person, and did I mention free bottled water, soda and cervaza! Guillermo and Teresa can't wait to go back in March! (With a pair of Nike's size 8.5 wide):)

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling

How was the boat? How many people does it take? Was it easy to get in and out of the water after snorkeling?

This sounds like a good alternative to the Playa Palancar trip - same price but includes cerveza for the ride back!

Salt Lake
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling

The boat was clean, well powered. Challa brings the boat to shore so you have to just wade just below waist high to get to the ladder. Easy access and when you complete each snorkel stop the boat is there. There were never more then four people on the boat and I'm told he only takes up to six.

Grosse Ile
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling

We took a snorkel trip with Challa in 2009 at Alberto's. We are going back July 1, 2011 and are trying to track him down. Can you help?

WI
Level Contributor
148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling

Sounds like a great snorkel trip. We will be in Cozumel for our 1st time in May. Do you remember which reefs were part of the snorkel trip? Do you just show up or make reservations ahead of time?

Thanks!!

WI
Level Contributor
148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling

Sounds like a great snorkel trip. We will be in Cozumel for our 1st time in May. Do you remember which reefs were part of the snorkel trip? Do you just show up or make reservations ahead of time?

Thanks!!

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
264 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling

Would also like contact info. Thanks

Salt Lake
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkeling

He still hanging Albertos. I have his e-mail address at home if you would like let me know.

Salt Lake
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkeling

I will get you his e-mail address when I get home at e-mail back tomorrow. As to what reefs he is very accommodating but its mostly depends on existing conditions.

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snorkeling

I would like contact information too please.

Thank You.

Salt Lake
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Snorkeling

Hi again,

Here is Challa's e-mail address "Chala_extreme04@hotmail.com". Please say hello from Bill & Teresa ( we hope your new tennis shoes are working out ok?)