We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of these Hotels

ohio
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which of these Hotels

Our 4th trip this year my hotels choices are Hotel Plaza Cozumel,Villablanca Garden Beach,Vista del Mar Boutique Hotel ,Hacienda San Miguel Hotel. Which one would you pick and why ?

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which of these Hotels

Well I haven't stayed at any of those, but I have been eyeballin Villablanca for Summer of 2012. Already set for summer 2011

ohio
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which of these Hotels

We have stayed at Hotel Fontan, Hotel Cozumel Resort,Casa Del Mar Cozumel , all were very nice but a taxi ride away from downtown and spending a week that adds up. We really enjoy the hot tubs and views.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which of these Hotels

We stayed at Vista del Mar in September, it was a nice, no frills hotel with an awesome location. We have also stayed at Hotel Coz and if a pool and hot tub are important I would stay there again if I were you. For the money though VDM is hard to top, especially if you like to be in town, as you only need a car for the days you want to go around the island. If you stay here you must get a ocean view room, it makes for great sunset set watching a people watching in the afternoon when the cruise ships are getting ready to leave.

Edited: 04 January 2011, 15:25
ohio
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which of these Hotels

We booked Villablanca Garden Beach upgrade to Superior room ocean view,

7 nights in April with air from Ohio for $525 pp.

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which of these Hotels

We are very fond of Villa Blanca. The superior rooms are nice: quite large, marble floors and marble baths (also large). We had a full size fridge in our room. The grounds are very pretty. Pool is medium size but never crowded...at times there is nobody in it. Didn't use the hot tub. Iguanas all over the back walls that back up to the jungle. Live music sometimes at La Hach across the street and live salsa on Friday nights at La Palapita across the street. Scuba Mau and Pappa Hog's for diving next door. We had a lovely meal at the hotel restaurant one night. There's an OXXO store a block south for ice, snacks etc...and they have good coffee at oxxo.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which of these Hotels

Ditto on Villa Blanca - the only thing that I found strange there is that the water in the shower was a bit salty. I know I know - don't drink the water - but a bit got in during showers - I brush with it too - every year - never got sick in Cozumel - but did in Valladolid - won't do that again - haha ! Brush with it I mean - Valladolid was awesome - but I digress......

I felt clean after the showers but it was a bit different - by the end of a week I was ready to get home to my own shower. But with that said - I would stay there again.

ohio
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which of these Hotels

We should not have a problem with the water we mostly drink tequilla in Cozumel

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which of these Hotels

We did not notice the shower being salty. I didn't feel sticky or anything.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which of these Hotels

I didn't feel sticky either. It wasn't that bad - kind of like if they had a water softening system and was adding too much salt - but it wasn't soft water. Like I said - strange - it also has been about 4 years or so since we stayed there - we stay in condos now that we bring the kids. But we love La Papalita and Papa Hogs cafe. It was nice to be in the hot tub at night too.

Like I said - if it was just me and my husband going - I would stay there again for sure.

10. Re: Which of these Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2011, 05:17