We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Margaritaville or Money Bar

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
usa
Level Contributor
346 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Margaritaville or Money Bar

we typically go into town to hang out at the tourist bars, Margaritaville, Carlos and Charlies etc but have never been to the Money Bar...any insight ? suggestions ?

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Margaritaville or Money Bar

I haven't been to the Money Bar but I did stop in briefly at Margaritaville during my last stay.

Margaritaville had expensive drinks and was way too "Americanized" for my liking so we turned around and walked out the door. And yes, I'm a Buffet fan.

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Margaritaville or Money Bar

Margaritaville's margaritas are awful.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
910 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Margaritaville or Money Bar

I think the Money Bar is a better place to hang out for an afternoon. Nice bar decent food and a great place to swim and snorkel. We have spent sereral afternoons enjoying the view. Are you in Cozumel just for the day??

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
816 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Margaritaville or Money Bar

Neither.

Try La Palapita or La Hach. Both are across the street from Villablanca Hotel.

usa
Level Contributor
346 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Margaritaville or Money Bar

no, we are there for 6 days....4 guys on our twice a year dive trip...we go to the tourist bars when the ships are there to interact with the invisible drunks

Edited: 11 January 2011, 18:15
texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Margaritaville or Money Bar

We like La Palapita and Corona Beach. Course if you want to interact with drunk cruisers, pick another place...C&C's or Margaritaville.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Margaritaville or Money Bar

Go to the new international pier....Fat Tuesday's has a nice bar and you can see the invisible drunks as they head back to their ship. The prices are about the same as you get in town, but the vendors are not pushy at all.

Kent Island...
Level Contributor
478 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Margaritaville or Money Bar

Money bar has a great $ 10 divers menu, should you choose to eat while you drink :)

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Margaritaville or Money Bar

Went to Margarittaville once it is one hour of my vacation I will never get back

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,548 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Margaritaville or Money Bar

We walked through Margaritaville on the way back from dinner at Prima's Too one night. They must have been having some kind of children's night there because I've never seen that many kids in a bar before. Hundreds of them. Lots of ballons and kids activities going on.

It takes a lot to traumatize me, but that did it. (We didn't stay).

That and the fact that I got sick after eating at the Cancun location a few years ago is pretty much all I need to not go back.

I hope Jimmy can still make money if I just go to his shows and buy his music.