We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tucan or Adelaide

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indy
Level Contributor
949 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Tucan or Adelaide

I'm trying to plan a few excursions for our trip in Feb. We've done the Tucan Sailing and it was great. Trying to decide whether to do it again or try the Adelaide. They both get great reviews. Anyone done both and have an opinion?

Also, any opinions on the Passion Island AI excursion?

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tucan or Adelaide

I personally would pass on the Passion Island AI.. just my dos centavos. I would rather spend the $80 for the Tucan and take their dinghy to Passion Island with my cooler and have the beach to myself and not be around the cruise ship masses.

Ashland, Kansas
Level Contributor
150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tucan or Adelaide

I agree with linkslady! We did the Tucan 2 yrs ago and had a great time. The food was great and a good time was had by all!

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tucan or Adelaide

Have done the Adelaide several times. They are great and will cater your trip pretty well how you want it.

Abilene, Texas
Level Contributor
87 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tucan or Adelaide

I have done both (in the same trip!) and we greatly enjoyed both trips. The Adelaide was just our small group of 4, lunch, sailing and the focus was on the snorkeling at the southern reefs. The Tucan had a larger group, a little bit of snorkeling, spinaker rides, lunch, and overall attitude of relax, and enjoy yourselves. I think it depends on what you are looking for - a great snorkel trip or a day long event of fun.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tucan or Adelaide

thanks to the OP for starting this thread.... we are so going to do one of these cruises on our return trip in march.

i am thinking the adelaide because we like a little more 'doing' than chilling, though the kids might love the spinnaker rides.

6. Re: Tucan or Adelaide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 07:16