We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best AI for food and snorkeling

Shelbyville, KY
Level Contributor
566 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Best AI for food and snorkeling

I have noticed that the Fiesta Americana is rated highly for snorkeling, but it is not an all inclusive resort and I know how fast those charges can add up. As long as I have a little sand I am fine - I don't need a Florida style white beach, and I know rocks usually accompany good snorkeling. Which AI would have the best on site snorkeling and still be a higher end property with good food?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,504 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best AI for food and snorkeling

Fiesta Americana changed to AI in Nov. Snorkeling in that area is likely as good or better than you'll find at any other AI on the island.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best AI for food and snorkeling

I enjoyed snorkeling there (FA) a few yrs. back, but I will say, the food is average at best. I did enjoy the Breakfast Buffet though, so with that said, you could get the EP and still have the complimentary buffet for breakfast. Then enjoy the many excellent restaurants of Cozumel. One catch, you will want to rent a car if you stay there on an EP.

Enjoy

Art

louisiana
Level Contributor
190 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best AI for food and snorkeling

FA is now all inclusive only. As stated above, probably the best snorkeling of all the ai's. Walk north to the money bar and snorkel there. Short walk and more to see than out front at the resort. Food was ok. Not the best, but not bad. Always found something we enjoyed. Not sure how the food is since they went all inclusive last november. For the price, I believe it is well worth it! Looking at going back for spring break. Seven nights all inclusive with air for 795 a person. The nice non ai resorts cost about the same and then you still have to buy food and drinks.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best AI for food and snorkeling

I am not a fan of AI but that said, we are booked for the second time at Fiesta in February. We did EP last year because we prefer to go to town for dinner and not miss out on the great resturants. Question? Is there any AI where the food is actually "excellent"? I think the prices at Fiesta make it worth going even if you plan on eating out most evenings. BTW, we didnt rent a car last year and dont plan to this year...reason's are it is not that much to get to town and back and also you can learn a ton of great info about Cozumel from the taxi drivers and you dont ever have to worry about parking.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best AI for food and snorkeling

Thanks for clearing that up joey1656?

Anyways, since apparently its AI only and no EP and I went on about EP by mistake, you do have to deal with average food and a long expensive cab ride to town if you chose to skip the gourmet quality of food that this AI and most AI's try to serve.

I can almost bet a rental from ISIS will be cheaper in the long run than back and forth cab rides into town if you do like to venture out.

The snorkeling is very good though, and that can't be forgotten in all of this back and forth.

Art

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best AI for food and snorkeling

Just booked the Royal Suite for June at the Park Royal (as we do every year) and we think the snorkeling as good as any and and the AI has always been above average and with the 2 reservations restaurants, you can't go wrong-----not alot of crazy night life but a nice ampitheater show around 9 PM and after a full day of fun and sun (an a tequila or two) we are happy to go to bed around 11 PM

Moore, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best AI for food and snorkeling

we stayed at the wyndham resort and spa (the cheaper one) it was our first time and the other couples 5th time to go to cozumel, we loved it so much we are going back in april. They also loved it, best place they stayed in cozumel so far they said. The most beach they say out of all other resorts. We love it and cant wait to be back down there!!

OUfan34

Texas
Level Contributor
135 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best AI for food and snorkeling

These two things were important to us as well. We booked our trip and will stay at Park Royal. Im glad to hear the positive review above. I read they have a really good Italian Restaurant there.

Tomahawk
Level Contributor
71 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best AI for food and snorkeling

We stayed at the Park Royal 3 years ago and the food was awesome just watch out for the sidewalks as they can be a little tricky. As far as the Fiesta Amer. I would never go there again we had Banquet surprise every night we were there around 4 years ago the food was awful and you could not get waited on if you were all inclusive . The waited on the ep people so they could get bigger tips. Have fun at Park Royal the walk through the tunnel to the beach is fun. We are going to the Iberostar end of Feb.

Shelbyville, KY
Level Contributor
566 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best AI for food and snorkeling

Reviews of FA don't seem great except for the snorkeling. The Aura Wyndham, Occidental Grand, and Cozumel Palace seem to be the highest rated properties among the AI resorts. Do you have to trade better food for worse snorkeling?