We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican President and Wife At Iberostar Again Today

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Mexican President and Wife At Iberostar Again Today

The Mexican president and his wife were at the Iberostar today before he came 4 or 5 navy boats came to Iberostar pier and droppped off 50 to 100 soldiers and security...

This time he came in from albertos restarant and down the beach not by helicopter ...got some great pictures of him and his wife ...So this place has been hoppin for the last few days,,,

Safe travels,,,jimmy

Will put some photos up when i get home...

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexican President and Wife At Iberostar Again Today

Oh forgot to say he did 3 dives and after did not come back here they said he was brought into town by the dive boat...

jimmy

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,666 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexican President and Wife At Iberostar Again Today

.....and yet he has a pretty nice "starter home" on the North end, across from the airplane exhibit near the airport.

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexican President and Wife At Iberostar Again Today

Yes someone on staff here said he had a home on Cozumel...

Safe travels..jimmy

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,666 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexican President and Wife At Iberostar Again Today

Not as fancy as the Ke

nnedy compound but pretty nice. I have some pics somewhere. But I'm watching the game.......

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,666 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexican President and Wife At Iberostar Again Today

Not as fancy as the Ken

nedy compound but pretty nice. I have some pics somewhere. But I'm watching the game.......

Edited: 16 January 2011, 02:28
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
104 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexican President and Wife At Iberostar Again Today

Well that explains all of the machine guns on display south of town today.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,445 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexican President and Wife At Iberostar Again Today

Jimmy, vacation part 2 seems to have been quite an adventure. What next? Are you heading home or looking for another deal to keep things rolling down the same path? Either way it's been fun following your adventure, and hopefully the weather will warm up, the winds will die down, and Cozumel will get back to my idea of Paradise this week.

Larry

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,268 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mexican President and Wife At Iberostar Again Today

The house on tjhe coast nortjh of town does not belong to tjhe president but is owned by the Mexican government and is frequently used by presidents. President Calderon and family have been frequent guests.

Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mexican President and Wife At Iberostar Again Today

Jimmy-sea glad you are having a wonderful and exciting holiday in Mexico

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mexican President and Wife At Iberostar Again Today

Couple of exerts...

"Mexico’s President, Felipe Calderón, spoke at the recent United Nations Climate Conference in Cancun where he highlighted adventure tourism as one of the most significant “game-changing” opportunities for tourism to Mexico for 2011. He was quoted as saying: “Adventure travel is key to the preservation of habitat and culture. Mexico has to become the champion of adventure travel.”

While often lauded for its beaches, Mexico has not been on the radar for many travelers seeking adventurous holidays. Mexico offers first class adventure activities such as hiking in the Copper Canyon, mountaineering in Puebla, snorkeling and SCUBA diving in the bio-diverse waters of the Sea of Cortez, swimming with whale sharks in the Caribbean, whale-watching in Baja, ziplining, mountain biking, rafting, surfing – the list goes on and on!"

journeymexico.com/blog/tag/adventure-travel/