We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Occidental Allegro

Minnesota
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Occidental Allegro

Any tips for me on how to get a room with a king sized bed on the 1st floor? I am not sure how to negotiate if I am told there are none available? Is it ok to offer money at the time of check in to persuade them to give my desired room choice?

Ft.Worth Tx
Level Contributor
429 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Occidental Allegro

I would make the request again when you check-in. Things might have changed. If you still don't get what you requested you could also come back an hour or two later and talk to someone else behind the desk. If you still can not get the room you want you could ask to talk to a manager. Remember be nice and pleasant, that always helps no matter where you are.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Occidental Allegro

You shouldn't have to bribe the guy at the desk. We were unhappy with our first floor room once (they're the smoking rooms--the one we got was muy stinky) and while they couldn't move us right away, the next day we were in an upper king room. No hassle, no bribes.

3. Re: Occidental Allegro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2012, 11:18