We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel's weather

Westfield...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel's weather

Ok , getting nervouse, going to cozumel next week and I looked at the weather and it looks like chance of showers all week. Are the showers in cozumel like those in florida , which pass fast and then the sun is back out or do they linger all day.?

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel's weather

No worries, there's always a chance of showers. Thats how weathermen keep their jobs!....What are you going to do?...If there is a 50% chance of rain, there is a 50% chance it wont. Whichever way you look at the cup. It hasn't rained much this year as it did last year so that is on a positive note. Enjoy your vacation!

Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
275 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel's weather

Rain on vacation is still better than rain at home... right?!?! :) Don't worry... just have fun!!!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel's weather

Leaving for Cozumel tomorrow morning. Hopefully flight is not cancelled. Snow storm here, Montreal area, but not as bad as some places. So rain won't be too bad.

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
693 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel's weather

Better rain in Cozumel then a snow storm in Canada right now the beach looks good under the rain....

Can't see across the street because of the blowing snow?

Have fun in the sun :o)

Lyne

In stormy Gatineau, canada

canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel's weather

Is there anyone there right now.........I am very curious too. The forecast looks like 90% chance of rain for the next 2 weeks !!!!! Please tell me this is not true. Yes it is better than snow but what kind of vacation is it when it rains all day, every day. Not a good vacation or at least one that is desired. Does this just represent a quick thunder shower coming through or all day rains.......

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel's weather

I live here and I do not look at weather forecasts. Except when a Tropical disturbance is approaching. This is the tropics, it can rain for a whole week, or just a shower or two, or none at all.

The weather forecast from weather.com does not say 90% chance of rain for the next week. I strongly suggest that you turn off your hand held device, or equivalent. It will make you crazy before your vacation. Not good....

Concord, New...
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel's weather

I will be in Cozumel next week too! I agree, I try not to think too much about weather. I pack a raincoat, umbrella and poncho...hope to never use them! I figure I will get wet swimming and snorkeling anyway! I live on the East Coast..Today it hit 39 degrees and it was a heat wave...no jacket for this New England girl...I can't wait for 70s and maybe 80s. Even if we get some rain, I am sure it won't rain everyday, if so, I hope you mak the best of it...I know I will!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,505 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozumel's weather

I'll be there tomorrow & I long ago stopped looking at the forecast. I just check the temp from time to time (while home) to see if it's about average for the time of year.

NOW IF you want a forecast I had to get up an hour early today to help a customer load his repaired race car into his brand spanking new enclosed trailer. He came extra early because OUR forecast was for a 12 hour weather event, FREEZING RAIN (or as southerners seem to call them an Ice Storm) It snowed most of the day, a light fluffy snow, but as of right now NO freezing rain, but they still are saying we have a 12 hour weather event to watch out for. IF it happens overnight I'll have flight problems along with driving problems to get to the airport. That's a much bigger concern than the few days of rain I've had in all of my visits to Coz. To date I've NEVER had a full day of rain & most of my trips have been in Feb.

Maine, United States
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cozumel's weather

I have stopped looking at the forecast in my own dang state. 2 weeks ago we were suppose to get a dusting to 2 inches of snow...woke up to 10 inches of snow. Today again a dusting...the dusting lasted all day long and accumulated. Do these weather people just pull a slip of paper out of a hat and draw for weather reports LOL. I need warm..no! No! NO!!! hot weather, a beach, a palm tree, lounge chair, and a miami vice...I shall dream for 10 weeks and 3 days until it comes true!!!!

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
35 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cozumel's weather

We leave Friday and I'm not excited about the weather forecasts either. I keep looking at the webcam at the pier and that shows me what the weather is really like in Cozumel. Yesterday looked pretty good until late in the afternoon but today is very overcast. I'm just not sure what I'm gonna do with the kids all day if it rains but I guess as long as it doesn't lightning, we can still swim and snorkel!