We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re-thinking Park Royal

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
539 posts
Save Topic
re-thinking Park Royal

We only have a short stay on Cozumel (Thurs afternoon-Saturday noon) We have scheduled the bar hop tour on Friday so really won't be at the hotel all that much. I am wondering, with a lot of the restaraunts and bars offering water access, is it worth the extra $$ to stay at Park Royal or should I cancel and look at a place in town without all inclusive?

The Original Salsa and Salsa
Cooking Classes, Sightseeing Tours
Tours Plaza - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Safe Tours Cozumel
Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Wild Tours
Sightseeing Tours
florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: re-thinking Park Royal

I would stay somewhere downtown inexpensive and save the money to go to local places to eat and drink- so many wonderful places to choose from

Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
275 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: re-thinking Park Royal

I'm not much for the all-inclusive thing... especially when there are SO many delicious places to eat on the island!!! My vote would be for downtown!

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: re-thinking Park Royal

The Blue Angel would be a good choice, although it might not be quite as fancey as you might want. It's very clean, right on the water, has a pool and a restaurant is next door. It's close enough to walk to town, or the Mega, and far enough not to be in the middle of everything. Can be noisy from the street (cars) though. Check out the reviews and photos.

Enjoy

Art

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: re-thinking Park Royal

For two nights I would definitely dump the AI and eat out on the town.

Or maybe do the hotel cozumel with breakfast option?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: re-thinking Park Royal

Try the Vista Del Mar. It's right in town, very clean and a great deal...

Level Contributor
176 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: re-thinking Park Royal

Consider Casa Del Mar or Casa Mexicana. Like others have said, eat out in town. Have a great trip

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: re-thinking Park Royal

If you are not going to take advantage of the AI at Park Royal, why pick an AI hotel?

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
539 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: re-thinking Park Royal

thanks for all the input....cancelled Park Royal and booked Hotel Cozumel...7 days till departure!!!

9. Re: re-thinking Park Royal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2012, 00:16