We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Cozumel after 5 pm

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Windsor, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in Cozumel after 5 pm

Hey Everyone! I am taking my first cruise in April and one of the ports of call is Cozumel (its a short cruise, so the other one is Key West aka- no beach). I am going with my husband and another couple- ages 25-28. I am pretty sure that the priceline rep. said that the cruise would be there from 1pm-10pm (please correct me if this sounds totally bogus LOL). That being said, I see most tourist things close a 5, and I really wanted to make my daytime a beach day (we are leaning towards Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocom- we want to jet ski, parasail, and go horseback riding) Any suggestions on what to do after 5? I really don't want to get back on the boat before 9 pm since we leave at 10. I was thinking of a massage at Spa Del Sol, any other suggestions for after 5pm activities?

Edited: 21 February 2011, 17:45
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Cozumel after 5 pm

Go into town, have a very nice dinner and walk / shop around square area a while....

The cruise line should have an accurate schedule on their site.

East Windsor, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Cozumel after 5 pm

Thanks for replying! I just checked the Carnival website, and it is def. from 1-10pm (and the cruise itself is a bit cheaper too LOL). I was thinking that we may end up doing just that, because after a couple of hours at the beach, some yummy Mexican food and a delicious margarita may be just what we need. I love to shop too and I have heard that Cozumel has some great shopping (I hope they have those great foot buffers that I can only seem to find in Jamaica LOL). I guess realistically you really can't fill that many things in a couple of hours (I really wish we were docking in the morning, I would love a few more hours at the beach). I am going to research places for authentic Mexican food- I don't want a Chipotle type taco if I am in Mexico!

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Cozumel after 5 pm

FYI- Your cruise is going to tell you to stay in a certain area to shop and that it's not safe to go other places. Totally bogus. The cruise ship lines are in cahoots with certain stores. It's totally safe to walk all over and get onto the side streets back from town and find some good deals.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in Cozumel after 5 pm

and really good food too !

wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in Cozumel after 5 pm

We always watch the sunset over the oceans horizon.

Beautiful everytime.

6. Re: Things to do in Cozumel after 5 pm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 08:16