We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scuba tony question

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
458 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
scuba tony question

I have decided to use Scuba Tony for our dives at the end of March. Does he have a dive shop in town? If so, where? I know you can rent equipment from him as well but can't figure out where his shop is located. Nothing is mentioned about it on his web site. If you know, can you fill me in please?

My kids ages 13 and 14 will be diving for the second time and are very excited. Thanks, Christy

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scuba tony question

Here is Deb's reply:

Cozumel...

reviews: 61. Re: Scuba Tony

Jun 07, 2010, 2:55 PM

Destination Expert

for Cozumel

No office. Contact Tony & Dennis:

By phone: 1-626- 593-7122 USA phone

011-52-1-987-876-1171 Cozumel cell dialed from outside MX

011-52-987-869-8268 Cozumel land line dialed from outside MX

044-987-876-1171 Cozumel cell dialed from Coz land line

869-8268 - Cozumel land line dialed from Coz land line

By email: info@scubatony.com

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scuba tony question

A very good choice considering your needs. He DOES NOT have a shop, he just uses his home as a base to work from. Just contact him via email to set things up in advance & then once you're there you'll know what to do.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,906 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scuba tony question

I'm going out with Tony on Sunday.

He rents all the equipment you need, although a good fitting mask of your own would be better.

His boat is based at Caleta, the marina a mile or two south of town. I just meet him there. If you need to be fitted to any gear, just contact him. He will tell you the procedure.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scuba tony question

I just read that Dennis has moved back to the US, and that came from a reliable source, so I'm guessing Tony has more office work to do again. He's still pretty good at answering emails.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,906 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: scuba tony question

He was right on the ball responding to me for the specialty dive I'm doing.

Keep in mind that if he is in the boat in the AM, he can't return your email until that afternoon. He leaves the marina early. We meet up at 7:30 AM.

Edited: 01 March 2011, 19:24
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
458 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: scuba tony question

Will he pick you up with the boat at Cozumel Palace? Is his house walking distance to Cozumel Palace so we can try on our gear? Thanks you.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: scuba tony question

I've never been to his house but from what he told me it's straight back from the area where the Palace is (give or take a bit) but I don't know how far back. As for pick up he'll have to answer that but when I stayed at Hotel Cozumel he picked me up with his small pick up, which wouldn't seat 4, but he may have a newer vehicle now.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
377 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: scuba tony question

Tony's house if definitely walkable from CP, but he's darn good at getting sizing right from height/weight, etc. I've never tried on any gear in advance and it's always fit fine, as was the case for a friend. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

You 'd have to ask about pick up at the Palace. . Email him and you'll have an answer pretty quickly.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: scuba tony question

You better be contacting him - I sent him an email in early january and he was already booked for the dates I wanted a couple weeks from now.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,964 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: scuba tony question

Do not let the lack of a "storefront/office" deter you. With the reported high rents along Melgar, I would not blame dive ops for wanting to keep overhead low. This is turn helps keep dive rates low.