We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental in cozumel

austin texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
car rental in cozumel

use isis they are honest i have been to cozumel many times and i like isis no up selling or bs they included insurance ALL INSURANCE and they treat you fair i dive with scuba mau another fine group of honest folks that dont scam you but back to the car if you bring it back and let them fill it it is a better deal than you get at home she just charges for the gas what a concept if i inherited a car rental co . like avis my ceo and manigers would have to work with margaret for a week to see how to treat a customer they are great what more can i say

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental in cozumel

I also hear nothing but great things about Isis - however I do know that the insurance does have a $450 deductible if something does happen. It is NOT zero deductible insurance.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
186 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental in cozumel

We are trying to save as much money as possible, and thrifty looks like a good deal. The company overall seems to have decent reviews...but has anyone used them in cozumel?? Would appreciate any feedback! :)

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
180 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental in cozumel

We used Isis on our last trip to Coz and as long as she's in business, I won't rent anywere else. The prices were the best on the island, the persona ltreatment was fantastic, the car was older, but clean and ran well. If you're looking to rent transportation on a budget, you can't do better on the island.

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental in cozumel

I want zero deductible. Who is cheaper...Thrifty or Less pay?

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental in cozumel

Don't know about Less Pay - but we use Thrifty every year for the last 4 or 5 years and will again this summer - I have been the happiest with them.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
557 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car rental in cozumel

'as long as she's in business, I won't rent anywhere else". me to

Cheers!

austin texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car rental in cozumel

if you find a zero deductible any were in cozumel for the same price or even close let me know i dont think it will happen not wanting to argue but read the fine print isis is as fair as i have found

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car rental in cozumel

I certainly didn't think that zero deductible would be the same price. Isis is fine...but I want zero deductible, so will rent elsewhere.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: car rental in cozumel

I rented a jeep last May in Playa del Carmen from Thirfty and to make a long story short the jeep got totalled in Tulum and I never had to pay any deductable, but at the same time the reck was not my fault. maybe thats why! I'm sure the insurace rules would be the same for the island but I would call to make sure.

Seattle, Washington
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: car rental in cozumel

whom else have you rented from on Cozumel, TXGal123?

Edited: 07 May 2011, 03:51