We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My videos of Colombia Shallows

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
My videos of Colombia Shallows

I've finished editing & uploading the set of videos I shot using my Point & shoot. They aren't anything spectacular but they do show a lot of the types of coral & marine life that keeps me wanting to dive there as often as the dive op is willing to let me. I spliced them all together after editing for color cast & brightness etc & then split the full file into 3 sections that are just over 7 minutes each. Hopefully you won't loose your interest in less than that time. The turtle at the beginning was shot on a deep dive so the color isn't that good, but since it was the only turtle I took a video of I added it as the intro scenes.

Here's the link to part 1, and from the look of it the rest are found by clicking on the "3 videos" tab beside my YouTube screen name (cicopoman)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKh9Doql-Kg

And Thanks Mo for verifying that they do play properly because I sure can't with my rural wireless.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My videos of Colombia Shallows

Thanks for sharing.....Very nice videos.

Ohio
Level Contributor
926 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My videos of Colombia Shallows

Always glad to watch diving videos, what a great way to forget the weather outside our windows and remember being in Cozumel. Thanks for "taking us with you" by your videos & pics, I live for new trip reports and pics until our next visit, and check youtube weekly for new dive videos. Happy travels all, Mo

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
903 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My videos of Colombia Shallows

Nice videos, I watched all three. I can't wait to get back in the water next month. Thanks for sharing with us.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My videos of Colombia Shallows

I'm almost seasick from watching the videos. ha ha. Looks like the currents were zipping along. I love the shot of the turtle....they're my favorite.

Oh and nice breathing. Ha

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My videos of Colombia Shallows

Great videography to go along with your superb photography skills. Thanks for sharing.. Columbia Reef is probably my favorite, and Bolones as well. 98 days and I am there...

There is a diver at about the 3:52 mark that appears to be having some BC issues.

Edited: 08 March 2011, 13:22
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My videos of Colombia Shallows

Thanks. My first attempt at video since VHS, and although I really prefer still photography editing digital is much easier than the VHS was. Because I needed to slow down relative to my normal dive speed I really conserved air, and had lots when everyone else had run low. I think I had at least another 1/2 hour of air had I continued swimming at my lazy slow pace needed to prevent the scenes from smearing. As for current it was very gentle, and I think all of the trips to Colombia Shallows this year were like that. We rarely had a strong current this trip even on days that were windy.

I considered adding music & removing the breathing but I thought that would increase the file size / upload time. I didn't need that because what you see took very close to 11 hours to upload. Fortunately our rural wireless can download faster than upload, but it's still pretty useless when it comes to video files. .

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My videos of Colombia Shallows

Love the videos Larry. personally, I liked hearing your breathing instead of music...it really made me feel like I was there.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My videos of Colombia Shallows

I had Pandora on in the background, so I had some nice music mixed with the sounds!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My videos of Colombia Shallows

That's a good solution. Play what you like rather than whatever I may have had available. Most of what I have is on vinyl so I'd have had to set up my old turntable etc.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
458 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My videos of Colombia Shallows

Great videos. We will be diving in 17 days in Cozumel with Scuba Tony. I can't wait!!