We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay - single dad with 11 & 8 yr old boys

Minnesota
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay - single dad with 11 & 8 yr old boys

I am coming to Cozumel for Spring Break and can't decide where to stay with my boys (8 and 10). Ideally, we would like to be on a beach that they boys can swim, fun pool area and activities, and a place where they might find some other kids to play with. Suggestions?

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay - single dad with 11 & 8 yr old boys

Check out El Cozumeleno and Allegro. El Coz has mini golf and ice cream, Allegro has a water park.

Monument, Colorado
Level Contributor
986 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay - single dad with 11 & 8 yr old boys

The Melia has a large kids pool and an expansive sandy beach. The only drawback is that the water is often a bit cloudy or silty, thanks to the pier next door at El Coz. My kids loved it there last summer. ( 9 and 12 years old)

Have a great trip!

Retemrap

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay - single dad with 11 & 8 yr old boys

There will be families at all of the resorts then, so they'll find other kids to hang with. Since you've mentioned SINGLE parent make sure you have the necessary paperwork for the kids. Mexico requires proof that you have permission to travel without the other parent.

Grand Haven,MI.
Level Contributor
599 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay - single dad with 11 & 8 yr old boys

El Coz would be a good chioce for the kids....not too much night life for a single guy , but a short cab ride to town. They do have shows that are at least entertaining for the family and alot of kids activities.

Wally :O}

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay - single dad with 11 & 8 yr old boys

Agree with El Coz as a great choice. Safe location, family friendly staff, great snorkeling, nice pool for kids & adults, activities for all. You'll likely find lots of families there during your vacation so your kids will meet & make new friends to hang out with. You are less than a 10 min. cab ride into town to experience the beauty & culture of Cozumel. Have fun!!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay - single dad with 11 & 8 yr old boys

My kids love El Coz - lots of other kids to play beach soccer and volleyball with.

Game room, and a good mini golf course, good kid activities around the pool (the staff works really hard to make sure the kids are having fun).

Check out the Amazing Cozumel Race as something to do as an activity - guarantee your kids will love it.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay - single dad with 11 & 8 yr old boys

Thanks all. Sounds great!

Belleville, Ont
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay - single dad with 11 & 8 yr old boys

Yup El Coz is def a good place for your requirements. And if you find you don't want the boys swimming with the coral, you can venture further down the beach to Melia's and swim there. A lot of ppl did that when I was there last week. Just be careful, the one morning I got up there were 4-5 foot waves over there lol But that could've accounted for the storm the previous night as the other days before and after the water was normal.

- T.

9. Re: Where to stay - single dad with 11 & 8 yr old boys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 13:16