We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchase fresh seafood

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
299 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Purchase fresh seafood

Will be staying 2 wks in May in a condo. Have always stayed at an AI. So not wanting to eat out every night was wondering where I can buy some fresh seafood, especially lobster. Last trip looked at what they had at the Mega market but most was still frozen sitting on a bed of ice.

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchase fresh seafood

this is from Cindy, The Road Warrior under the "my lobster obsession" thread.

"best way to get more lobster for your money is buy it yourself and grill it on the beach - about 300 pesos per KIL. at the fishermans coop - on 5 at the end of the street going South - where the street ends at the cemetary - open mornings - you should see the selections!"

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
299 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchase fresh seafood

Thanks, after posting I saw that post. So looks like lobster season will be over. What about other seafood selections that will be in season?

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchase fresh seafood

someone else can answer what will be "in season" (out of my realm) but one idea may be to contact Leo and do some spearfishing :)

http://www.spearfishingtoday.com/

cozumel
Level Contributor
171 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchase fresh seafood

go to puerto abrigo and wait for the fishing charters to come back. See what they have and ask if its for sale. Nearly always is, thats how they make extra money.

5. Re: Purchase fresh seafood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 22:16