We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tucan Sailing Adventure...........Yes or No

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
427 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Tucan Sailing Adventure...........Yes or No

We are staying in Cozumel at the Cozumel Palace in late May. My husband and I are laid back and enjoying relaxing. Is the 6 hour adventure worth $80 a person?

Thanks!

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tucan Sailing Adventure...........Yes or No

Yes.

I've done this twice and will be doing it once again on my next trip to the island.

Rockwood, Michigan
Level Contributor
696 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tucan Sailing Adventure...........Yes or No

Best $80 we spend on the island. Don't forget to tip the crew they are very desrving!!!

What are you expecting to get out of it if you go. Just asking because everyone expects somethind different...

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tucan Sailing Adventure...........Yes or No

Yes. It's the best time ever.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
427 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tucan Sailing Adventure...........Yes or No

We like to have a good time, meet new people and have a few drinks. Does this adventure go anywhere in particular? What time does it leave and from where?

Thanks again!

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
365 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tucan Sailing Adventure...........Yes or No

This looks like the perfect *Day Trip* for us when we are there in September!!! We love sailing, my husband would absolutely love the *parasailing*, & everything else about the trip. I would love to try the fishing, which is something my husband has NO interest in!!! So, this sounds like the perfect mix for both of us!!!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
164 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tucan Sailing Adventure...........Yes or No

Absolutely GO! We have been on the Tucan trip EVERY Coz vacation the past several years. (One year we even went 3 times!) It is the best deal , best time , and best food on the island. You will not regret the 6 wonderful hours spent on the Tucan with the staff! ENJOY, and Adios!

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tucan Sailing Adventure...........Yes or No

I've gone on the Tucan 3 times and each time it was slightly different but a blast everytime! You leave from Puerto Abrigo (the marina up north) usually around 10am (they will tell you when to be there). You motor up to Passion Island area. They usually drop a line in and fish on the way up but I've never witnessed them catching anything (others have). The snorkeling is ok, sometimes better than others. I floated over a ray for quite some time last Fall and Jaime speared a Lobster on one trip. Fun stuff.

You can board the dingy and get brought to Passion Island to explore while your lunch is being prepared. The food is wonderful and plentiful as are the beverages. Factor in a nice tip for the great service you will get from Juan and Jaime.

You "might" be able to do spinnaker rides if it's windy enough otherwise perhaps more snorkeling or you can just relax on the boat and enjoy the scenery.

Lots of sunscreen is needed and not the spray on kind (makes the deck slippery) and bring bug spray for Passion Island.

If you are lucky, you could see dolphins swimming where they belong, in the wild.

All in all, I would do it again in a heartbeat!

pics here (151 - 160)

…photobucket.com/albums/…

and here (60 - 75)

and here (40 - 46)

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tucan Sailing Adventure...........Yes or No

Pebbles- I'd bet a pitcher of margaritas that you won't find anyone who did not have a wonderful time on the Tucan.

Owensboro, Kentucky
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tucan Sailing Adventure...........Yes or No

We will be staying in Playacar. Do any tour operators offer this trip from there?

form3hide
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Tucan Sailing Adventure...........Yes or No

Tucan trip is worth it. The staff is great; very good at making you feel comfortable... it felt like a trip with friends and family.. would do it again should we ever land back in Coz