We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI with the MOST kids??

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
AI with the MOST kids??

We will be taking our 6 yr. old son and 8 yr. old nephew with us and would like to take them to an AI with a bunch of kids one day so they can play with others... Any ideas???

El Coz comes to mind but any others? We will be there mid-June. We will be going to Chen Rio one on the Sunday we are there so they can play with some locals.

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI with the MOST kids??

When reading the reviews Park royal sounds like it gets children visitors.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
197 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI with the MOST kids??

Going to Fiesta Americana (now an AI) in under 48 hours now (WAH HOO!) with my family. I have a 6 year old and 9 year old. I will post later how well we were able to keep them entertained there.

I have seen you post often, so you obviously know this hotel and may have already either included it or excluded it.

Either way, I will post some form of trip report upon return.

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI with the MOST kids??

Thanks Colsen!!!

Monument, Colorado
Level Contributor
799 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: AI with the MOST kids??

Last June there were a lot of kids at Melia. My kids loved the pool because it was good size and shallow the whole way through.

Retemrap

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,548 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI with the MOST kids??

This is a good thread for us child-free folks also. (LOL) Gracias.

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AI with the MOST kids??

Well I will have to contact Melia then and see if they have day passes or something like that.

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AI with the MOST kids??

Bad Dog is a kid hater... Bad Dog is a kid hater!!! LOL, kidding Mal Perro...

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,878 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AI with the MOST kids??

Sawyer... our two times at El Coz there have been kids...but its not like a whole gang of them are running around playing together.

I don't know that visiting an AI for a day will guarantee you will find playmates for a day. You may be disappointed in that regard.

Our experience at AIs is that yeah kids do make friends...but it happens over a few days as kids see the same kids over and over.

One of the beaches with the blow up thingies might be a better bet.

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AI with the MOST kids??

We are gonna hit Paradise Beach on our third day so that should suffice. Wife just wanted me to check around..

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,439 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AI with the MOST kids??

Playa Caletita can be a good place for them to interact with local kids, especially on a Sunday.

https:/…5416051054445786402

AI's that are most popular with families include Hotel Cozumel, Park Royal, Allegro & El Coz, and even the Iberostar, but many of the kids go to kids club activities. The Reef Club section of the Wyndham was also very popular with families until the new owners decided to go adult only.