We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check In At Cozumel Airport

London, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Check In At Cozumel Airport

Hi Folks:

Quick question - Is it reallly needed to be at the Cozumel Airport 2 hours before my flight?

Thanks;

T

North Providence...
Level Contributor
392 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Check In At Cozumel Airport

Yes.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
481 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Check In At Cozumel Airport

I'd say no. We always go check-in as early as possible, then leave and come back about 15 minutes before boarding. Unless there are multiple departures around the same time, going through security is quick. An hour is plenty, IMHO.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Check In At Cozumel Airport

Thank you both for the advice.. I'll check in early and then jet back to my hotel. I'm directly across from the airport. I would hate to stay indoors for my last 2 hours of this trip..

Thanks again;

T

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Check In At Cozumel Airport

If you are at casita de maya, your plan is fine.

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Check In At Cozumel Airport

Agree with pairojax.. especially if you are across from the airport.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,711 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Check In At Cozumel Airport

Agree also since you are close. Go check in early and then leave. As a former airline employee, the airlines have good reasons to ask you to check in early since they have much paper work to do for international flights. And airline employees are not usually inclined to be too helpfui to those who chose to ignore the rules and cause them problems.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,711 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Check In At Cozumel Airport

By the way , your host at the hotel, Dan, is a great source of information. He is a former airline employee also.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Check In At Cozumel Airport

Thanks everyone for the advice.. Casita de Maya is a perfect location.. and yes Dan is a terrific resource..

9. Re: Check In At Cozumel Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 18:16