We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PIrate ship dinner in Cozumel

Blue Springs...
4 posts
Save Topic
PIrate ship dinner in Cozumel

We are in Cozumel now, with our four children; 17, 15, 14, & 9. We told them prior to arriving that we would have dinner on a Pirate ship in the Caribbean, they are so excited!

After reading several posts, it seems that it is really a drinking party crowd. Is it so bad that it wouldn't be appropriate for a family?

What do you guys think?

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PIrate ship dinner in Cozumel

My husband and I did this about 7 yrs ago and it was just ok - but for the last 2 yrs we have gone with our kids 19 and 11 first time - we had the best time and plan on doing it again this summer. It is alot of drinking but if you don't want to they don't push it. It's alot od fun with the show and gets everyone on the boat involved. By the end of the evening we are all up doing the limbo and dancing with each other. In the times that we have gone we have never seen anyone lose control or get so obscene that I wouldn't want my pre-teen girl to be there. Plus, they have never been the only kids on board. There's my 2 cents.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PIrate ship dinner in Cozumel

TXGal is right on. There's drinking, but don't get it confused with a booze cruise. We go every year. Your whole family will love it.

Blue Springs...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: PIrate ship dinner in Cozumel

That sounds a lot more encouraging. Thank you everyone so far! We hope to see more reviews!

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PIrate ship dinner in Cozumel

It is a complete blast and y'all will have a great time. Yes, there is drinking but folks aren't getting stupid, well I take that back if I will be on board I will inevitably do something... LOL! It's great will be on board June 15th, with the 6 yr old son, 8 yr. old nephew and wife.

AUSTIN
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PIrate ship dinner in Cozumel

Let me give you a story to be careful here.Last time at airport there was women in wheel chair with leg in entire body cast.Long story short she said first night they checked into the EL Coz and left for the Pirate Ship.They just left shore and she slipped and tore knee ligaments.The boat came back and left them on the dock with no help and man had to carry wife until they could find cab.About $3k later they had medical diagnosis.Anyway they were at airport and had to rebook return at more money never even got into the water.I swore I would never complain again about the hard beds.Do be careful in Mexico as medical treatment can be expensive.This really isn't necessarily a negative thing on the pirates but just a hey watch yourself.Any way we have passed on the pirates after that I guess we are too old and wife has bad knees.

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PIrate ship dinner in Cozumel

Honestly Barry that could have happend at home or just getting out of the shower at the Hotel. It has nothing to do with the ship

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PIrate ship dinner in Cozumel

Medical treatment can be expensive--but doesnt have to be. I have had excellent care in Cozumel at very low prices.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PIrate ship dinner in Cozumel

Barryray,

This should be a warning to anyone travelling without health insurance. When you book a trip you should always include health insurance if you don't have out of country coverage. Then you don't have to worry about enjoying your holiday.

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
365 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PIrate ship dinner in Cozumel

We took out every insurance we possibly could. My husband is an insurance fanatic!! Like he says it's MUCH better to have that peace of mind when traveling. What a serious bummer though!!! We have NEVER had an issue when traveling, but that would be horrible!! Plan, plan, plan & have an accident ruin everything. Ugh. Oh well, prop me up on the shoreline with a drink...

Montana
Level Contributor
652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PIrate ship dinner in Cozumel

For a real Pirate experience try Somalia.