We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel In February?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tacoma, WA
Level Contributor
26 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel In February?

Thinking about heading to Cozumel Palace towards the tail end of February and was wondering how the weather was around that time. Anybody been in Feb. that could provide some insight?

Monument, Colorado
Level Contributor
750 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel In February?

The weather in February is great. Roughly 60 to 70 degrees warmer than Tacoma that time of year.

Retemrap

usa
Level Contributor
345 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel In February?

been there many times in late Feb...it is impossible to predict the weather that time of year imo....many times it is in the 80s and sunny but often its in the 70s..however sometimes (2010) it was rainy and highs in the low 70s...if you are flexible with your dates and want a higher probability of warmer weather go about a month later or go further south

Indy
Level Contributor
945 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel In February?

We were there in February this year. Had rain all day one day and the rest of the week was sunny. Temps in the low to mid 80's during the day and a bit chilly at night. I only had the sweatshirt that I wore down on the plane and ended up wearing it every evening to dinner. Overall the weather was beautiful.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel In February?

to me it's chilly at night and the water is cold.. especially if a norte hits. If no norte then it's usually beautiful!

Carnival will be in February next year so try and plan your dates around that! It is alot of fun!

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel In February?

when I go, I go to dive, so I wait until spring and summer. I'm not a fan of cold water.....brrrrrr.

I do want to make it to Carnival though. Was scheduled to go this last March, but had to cancel just a week before.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel In February?

The ocean stays about 83 degrees during Feb. plenty warm for snorkeling and swimming (I guess not for diving :). I love Feb. when it's about 80 degrees far from the snow and zero degrees of Michigan! At that time of year you'll meet many upper Midwesterners and Canadians.

Tacoma, WA
Level Contributor
26 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel In February?

Thanks for the feedback! Probably not diving and if we were we'd be doing some beginner stuff so not too deep. Mostly snorkeling and lounging around the pool. I just wanted to see if anybody had any bad experiences with the weather. I know it's a crap shoot and it might rain or be windy a day or two, I just didn't want to hear that a bunch of people had gone in Feb and had it rain on them for a week straight!

Edited: 10 May 2011, 18:21
8. Re: Cozumel In February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 00:18