We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East side places

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ft worth, tx
Level Contributor
432 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
East side places

Its me again, the excited one.....just 3 more days!!! Whoa

Anyway, wanted to ask we want to go to the east side of the island. I know everyone said to go to Coconuts, but any other places we should try?

We have everything to have a beach day or two, and would like a nice place to bring our lunch/or buy lunch, that we could stay for the day. Maybe some shade.

We plan to go to the lighthouse too.

we will have a car for he week.

thanks, Montie

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East side places

We love going to the Rasta bar for Ceviche, it is excellent there and the vibe is very relaxed. Make sure you check out the crocs on the way to the lighthouse if you have never seen them before. Watch for the blow holes as you head north from Rastas, they make for excellent pictures. Other than that just find some secluded spots to layout on the beach for a while and relax.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East side places

When you go to the light house, you should go early before the tours get there, otherwise there will be a line to get to the top.

Also, go on to Punta Sur at their beach. They also have shade and food there and you can snorkel.

MinneSNOWta
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Alexandria
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: East side places

If bringing your lunch, I would suggest Playa San Martin and plunk yourself under one of the palapas.

…photobucket.com/albums/…100_0671.jpg

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,671 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: East side places

In my opinion, if you want the best, freshest seafood on the island, eat on the beach at Chen Rio. Great beach and great food.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: East side places

We tour the island counter clockwise to get to the lighthouse early, like Oceanfreak suggested. On another day, we tour clockwise, and hit the ruins early. Agree with RobertSDF- Chen Rio has the most incredible seafood.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: East side places

Rasta Bar - have spent many an hour there just sipping and watching the waves.

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: East side places

Chen Rio for seafood. Playa Bonita is nice.

We like Rasta's and Mezcalito's too.

FYI-You can't get in the water at Coconuts. Drinks and view are great...food not so much.

Be careful of the undertow on the east side.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
562 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: East side places

Stop by all the little places that you don't have to pay to enter. We spent a few hours at Playa Mia & it really wasn't worth the $$ for us. The best salsa we had was at Senor Iguanas, which is right before the transversal road. I had wanted to tour the tequila museum too, which is on the transversal, but we never made it there.

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: East side places

Ercia...none of the beaches on the east side charge a fee to enter.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: East side places

Again, Mezcalitos gets very few mentions (1). I love this place, and I swear by their fish tacos, strong margaritas, strong hammocks, and strong wind in your face walks along the beach to the north. I love the atmosphere, and better yet, I love that cat! (forgot that cats name already)

Enjoy

Art