We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vehicle rental for group of 6

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
86 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
vehicle rental for group of 6

I was hoping someone knew of a "fun" vehicle we could rent that would seat 6 adults for a day in Cozumel? A van doesn't interest me...

Thanks!

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vehicle rental for group of 6

What kind of car is "fun"? What did you have in mind? It's the people inside the vehicle that make it fun.

You might check out the Cozumel Bar Hop Tour.

Otherwise...it's a van for you.

Edited: 20 May 2011, 18:35
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,525 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vehicle rental for group of 6

For a group of six, I think the van would be much better than any tour. You have your own group and can stop and stay as long as you please at any bar that appeals to you. Only be sure you have a designated driver. Really I dont know of a vehicle you could rent other than the van.

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vehicle rental for group of 6

I am curious about the kind of vehicle that would be "fun"?

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
86 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vehicle rental for group of 6

Ha! I was thinking "fun" would be something like a large Jeep or convertible of some sort. Van = not so fun! Apparently it doesn't take much for me to have "fun"! :)

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vehicle rental for group of 6

I can't imagine a jeep being big enough for 6 adults - not even my Jeep Liberty is big enough for that.

You could get a banana boat and travel by sea ! : P

Glenside...
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vehicle rental for group of 6

I don't know what car you could get 6 ppl in, but if you want to rent 2 cars see Margarita at www.islacozumel.net/services/isis/. A convertable VW Bug is only $35. We rented cars for our entire bridal party and parents last year and were very satisfied. It was "fun" driving around the bugs!

Ruston, LA
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vehicle rental for group of 6

This year our group total is six and we have rented two VW convertibles from Isis. This way if part of our group wants to do one thing and part wants to do something else, everybody is happy. And the total $$ amount for the two cars is $70 which is less than it would be for one van. Plus, the VW convertibles are way more cool than some van, LOL.

8. Re: vehicle rental for group of 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 06:19