We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

16 dyas...I KNOW it's cooler there than here....

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
16 dyas...I KNOW it's cooler there than here....

A/C broken. 106 degrees. NEED the ocean....NEED the breeze. I hope I last 16 more days.

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 16 dyas...I KNOW it's cooler there than here....

Fully agree---in Breckenridge, TX yesterday it was 109------can't wait until June 12 and cooler, prettier weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 16 dyas...I KNOW it's cooler there than here....

Well we just can't seem to hit 70 here. Has been hovering in the high 50's, low 60's, rainy and windy. Today just super windy so 67 feels chilly.

Have a great time you Junebugs and enjoy the heat on the rock!

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 16 dyas...I KNOW it's cooler there than here....

Will be glad to send some "heat" your way----------as of 4:56 CST it is 109 once again today----wind is blowing but it is HOT and just about takes your breath away-----so glad I had to clean the pool today!!!!!!!! I sure took my time

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
365 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 16 dyas...I KNOW it's cooler there than here....

88 here today & I've spent the entire day in the backyard with two of my waterbug granddaughters playing & swimming!!! I sure love those girls but I'm looking VERY forward to my two weeks with just my husband!!! We've NEVER been alone that long!! Sounds like pure heaven!!!!

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 16 dyas...I KNOW it's cooler there than here....

Yep, it's hot in DFW, but my pool water is still too cold to get in. For this time of year, that's very unusual. Too much rain and cooler nights.

Still can't wait to get to Coz!!!

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 16 dyas...I KNOW it's cooler there than here....

Oceanfreak-----------just ease your way in like I did and with each step it got better and before I knew it, I was going under with the pool vacuum in my hand and vacuuming with a sigh of relief (me and the vacuum but I enjoyed it more than the vacuum) Now, we have a son-in-law in the hospital with horrible headaches, nausea and fever, so we have 3 grandkids with us---sure hope it does not interfere with our trip in 2 weeks but will have to do what we have to do for the grandkids.

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 16 dyas...I KNOW it's cooler there than here....

My wife decided since it was such a hot spring, that we NEEDED one of those Intex above ground pools. Yesterday I spent the entire day setting that thing up in 98 degree Houston humidity. It was so wonderful. Can't wait to get to Cozumel, 15 days now.

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
291 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 16 dyas...I KNOW it's cooler there than here....

Sorry about the broken a/c :( We are getting no rain here in my area and I can't wait to be on the beach looking at beautiful blue water. Only 13 days to go!!!

Ruston, LA
Level Contributor
668 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 16 dyas...I KNOW it's cooler there than here....

Put Donna on the plane this morning at 7. She should be in Cozumel about 1 p.m. Looking at possibly heading down toward the end of the week.

Been outside for the last two hours in shorts and a t-shirt loading the car. Built up a good sweat even with a 20 MPH wind and had to take a break.

It always amazes me how much stuff we can put in the trunk and the backseat of our Jetta.

A brand new exercise bike, two big bug zapper, 8 inch bench grinder, two cases of synthetic motor oil, a dozen air, oil and fuel filters, ant spray, five gallons of Round Up Professional strength. A new computer desk chair, a case of Liquid Nails. Plus 30 lbs. of beads for the Red Cross. And a bunch of other stuff.

Might just have room for a cooler, some two liter diet cokes, bottled water and a few snacks.

Got copies of all my invoices for Aduana, plus insurance, marriage license, passport and driver's licenses. Also replaced my 2008 Guia Roji road atlas with the new 2011 and picked a new GPS.

Hopefully this trip will be as easy as the last seven. Sure hope the AC doesn't go out or it will get miserable in a hurry.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Beaumont, Texas
Level Contributor
695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 16 dyas...I KNOW it's cooler there than here....

It's very hot and dry here in southeast Texas. We have had no rain for months!! Cannot wait to get to the wonderful island of cozumel..... Cannot wait to get under the sea!!!!! We leave June 11th cannot wait, not to much longer. Hope everyone has a great vacation.

Mentioned in this post
Texas
Texas
United States