We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how hot is cozumel in july/august

Oakdale, Minnesota
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
how hot is cozumel in july/august

my husband and I have been to cozumel a few times but never in the summer. we are thinking about taking a short trip to coz in july/aug to scuba but we don't want it to be unbearably hot. Anyone been there this time of year and if so, how hot can it get?! Thanks!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how hot is cozumel in july/august

Hot and humid would just about say it all. But the ocean breezes and the smell of the ocean is worth every drop of sweat. The water is at it's warmest and the town is much more quiet than in the winter spring and fall seasons. You will find many people from the Texas area there at that time of year.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how hot is cozumel in july/august

Hurricanes can also occur during that time so would definitely consider trip insurance.

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how hot is cozumel in july/august

Not as hot as Louisiana at the same time. We're regulars during that time of year. Will be back late August. Peaceful, crowds have gone back to school.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how hot is cozumel in july/august

Yep - Texas is way hotter - so our yearly trip is July / August to cool off !

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how hot is cozumel in july/august

I would not go to the ruins during the day because the heat can be intense. For diving or just laying around the beach the weather is perfect.

Utah
Level Contributor
89 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how hot is cozumel in july/august

We did a middle July trip and it was hot, bu the only time it was bad was walking around town. As long as we were close to or on the ocean anytime of the day was fine. Walking around town was fine once the sun went down. I'm not a hot weather fan and we'll probably return in July next year.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how hot is cozumel in july/august

I go to Coz several times a year to dive and they're all between April and September. April is nice, but after that it's hot!

That's my favorite time of year to dive, nice warm water.

Yep, I'm from Texas too and we go to Coz to "cool down." lol

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how hot is cozumel in july/august

We used to go every July and it was so hot I always said I'd never go again in July....Next July would roll around and there I'd be. I can remember being in town after dark and the sweat was just rolling off of us. The heat doesn't keep us from going but my favorite months are March and October.

9. Re: how hot is cozumel in july/august

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 12:20