We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much time to allow to return to the airport?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
565 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
how much time to allow to return to the airport?

My apologies if this has been answered too many times already. I've searched and can find plenty about arriving, but what about departing? We plan on taking the collectivo from the airport (thanks for all the info!) to Aura and a taxi from the hotel back to the airport.

Since Aura isn't close-in, should we arrange in advance, or will there be taxis waiting outside on a Sunday morning around 11am? How much time should we allow to get through baggage check and security (we are experienced luggage packers and aren't planning on bringing back any liquor/food or gifts)?

I don't want to be stuck in the airport for hours if it is hot and crowded, so I'm depending on the destination experts to help us out with some advice.

oz
Level Contributor
4,446 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much time to allow to return to the airport?

I go 1 hour before my flight. I have never had any problems. have a great trip !

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how much time to allow to return to the airport?

You should allow at least an hour and a half.

Tell the Aura you'll need a cab at 11 am. Then go down to the lobby in the morning and reiterate. Just to make sure.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: how much time to allow to return to the airport?

Arrive 1 hour before an international flite from Mexico!

Wow...{:"}

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: how much time to allow to return to the airport?

Mis-read..1 1/2 hours before departure, still ......no way would we cut it that close. {":}

oz
Level Contributor
4,446 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how much time to allow to return to the airport?

sorry that you have a issue with that pago but the last 5 times I have left cozumel 1 hour was plenty of time.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,163 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how much time to allow to return to the airport?

I would go at least 1 1/2 hours. If you only arrive an hour before and have any sort of problem, you are going to miss your flight. I can tell you , as a former airliine employee, the airlines have little sympathy for anyone who purposely cuts it close.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how much time to allow to return to the airport?

I would allow at least 1 1/2 hours. The CZM airport is not hot and crowded. There is a Cinco Soles store for you to buy last minute gifts.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how much time to allow to return to the airport?

I would allow at least 1 1/2 hours. The CZM airport is not hot and crowded. There is a Cinco Soles store for you to buy last minute gifts.

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how much time to allow to return to the airport?

No problem with taxis at Aura. You don't need to arrange in advance.

Ask the bellboy & it only takes a couple of minutes.

We went through security (luggage xray & metal detector) & then they gate searched carryons again & did pat downs.

Personally we allow 2 hours. We had plenty of time but better safe than sorry.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
422 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how much time to allow to return to the airport?

We left the Cozumel Palace May 29 at 11:25am for our 1:39pm flight and we were checked in and having a beer at 11:50am!