We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel Capital

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel Capital

Has anyone ever worked with this company before? I am attempting to rent a long term from them and have been calling for weeks with no response, emails as well. Anyone with info or help would be greatly appreciated!

Dustin

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,506 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel Capital

"...have been calling for weeks with no response, emails as well."

This would be a big signal to me.

Waterloo, Iowa
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel Capital

If you have not heard from them trying multiple methods. I would find someone else to rent from. They don't seem to be interested.

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel Capital

I agree, just wanted to see if anyone else has had any other experience with them.

Thanks!

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel Capital

That surprises me because I've heard good things about Rita. Did you email her too?

Here is a link to the MLS webpage with the residential rental listings.. some are daily, some are long-term... and some daily may rent long term too but it has the different agencies and their contact info too.

ampicozumel.com/MLS_for_Rent_-_Residental/pa…

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel Capital

Yes, I have been calling and emailing her and sent a general one as well. Thank you for your help.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,506 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel Capital

Just in case, check your spam folder. Perhaps you did get an email and it was misdirected.

Chicago Illinois
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel Capital

I also made an inquiry about a place on her website. She got back to me saying she couldn't tell which place I was talking about, even though I mentioned it in the message. I replied back to her, and then never heard from her again.

I went with enjoycozumel.com instead. They were very quick to respond.

Good luck!

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozumel Capital

Been checking the spam folder, its odd that business must be so good they do not need to actually rent these places out!!

Thanks for the info

North America
Level Contributor
616 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cozumel Capital

I had also emailed Rita/Cozumel Capital and did not receive any responses. I was recently on the island and dropped by her office which is on Calle 5. I was able to meet with Rita and she is quite helpful and competent. Her shortcoming seems to be that she does not respond to emails . I did tell her that it was very frustrating and she said she would look into it, but I didn't hear anything further, although she did call me while I was on the island about another property. Rita has been in business a long time and she and her company are reputable. but that does not address the issues regarding her failure to respond to emails. Of course, it is not always possible or practical to be on the island to meet with her directly. Another place that has some long term rentals is Cedral Properties, ask for Ricardo. He is very good and he will get back to you.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cozumel Capital

We have dealt with Rita on a home purchase on the island. She is very reputable, but her main business in real estate sales. You could only imagine how many tire kicking emails she must field through in a day and sometimes I think a serious inquirey gets lost in the shuffle. She has a US phone number on her website and there is always someone in the office to take her calls during business hours. I have also used enjoycozumel.com for a long term rental and Margaret is also very professional, honest providing personal service. She too has a US number on her website if you would like to speak to someone with your questions.