We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Mia Beach Break at Leisure

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
College Station...
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Mia Beach Break at Leisure

This was a moderate priced Carnival Conquest shore excursion in Jan'10 that included bus transfers, the drivers were VERY tolerant & patient. First we had to claim a beach chair and shade was rare. Next I had to argue & prove experience to have a tiny cat sailboat due to a bit more breeze than normal. Later the breeze died and they allowed anyone to take it out from the dock MUCH easier than my beach launch! Had to use beach shoes & watch out to walk only on sand bottom in ocean. Lunch was OK, some selections worth the trip. The bar sets up late (thankfully) but even then some West Texas married 20-somethings couldn't handle their liquor nor their ear-splitting idiot noises. We should have taken a taxi back to ship and had 100% better memories. BTW, the Carnival ratings only got up to 2.5/5.0, since that Carnival has blocked reading the 6 reviews and blocked me from posting this one. I think you can do better than this, unless this is the only beach tour and beach is what you want. Oh, yes - interesting shops line the meandering entry walks.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,006 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Mia Beach Break at Leisure

I would pick the Paradise beach area over Playa Mia.

Edited: 24 June 2011, 16:03
The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Mia Beach Break at Leisure

The busses parked in front has always made me run the other way !

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,621 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Mia Beach Break at Leisure

Playa Mia has sailboats now?

4. Re: Playa Mia Beach Break at Leisure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 04:16