We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LoggerHead Turtle Video on My Dive In Coz

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
LoggerHead Turtle Video on My Dive In Coz

I still haven't done a review, but just bits at a time, "unofficially." I keep thinking I'll take my dive videos and add music and post them....not happening. lol.

So here is my prize Loggerhead Turtle on Yucab Reef I took. The currents was really swift.

He's approximately at least 30yrs old, I was told.

I hope this link works....we'll soon find out!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr3cKmnYQDM

London, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: LoggerHead Turtle Video on My Dive In Coz

Really excellent video, plays fine. Thanks for sharing :)

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LoggerHead Turtle Video on My Dive In Coz

Thanks!

I never know if the link will work until I get it posted and play it.

indiana
Level Contributor
184 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: LoggerHead Turtle Video on My Dive In Coz

Love it. Thanks!

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
365 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LoggerHead Turtle Video on My Dive In Coz

That was fantastic!!! Great job!!!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LoggerHead Turtle Video on My Dive In Coz

WOW That is GREAT! What kind of camera did you use to get that?

Really enjoyed! Thanks for sharing!

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LoggerHead Turtle Video on My Dive In Coz

It's a SeaLife 1200 w/strobe, but my strobe wasn't working.

Seems like we were about 35 ft.

Edited: 25 June 2011, 03:42
Ohio
Level Contributor
926 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LoggerHead Turtle Video on My Dive In Coz

Great video, Pat, he was beautiful!!! Looked like you got really close, great colors even w/o strobe. He didn't seem to be in any hurry, don't you feel so privileged to be able to get so close to such beautiful creatures underwater? That's one of the biggest thrills for me!!!!!!!

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LoggerHead Turtle Video on My Dive In Coz

Ohhhh, I absolutely do. I love the turtles and I'm in a constant watch for them. I also have video of a smaller one on that same dive. But when we spotted the huge one, it was just the icing on the cake!

Actually, I've got lots of pics of turtles and other video from different dives from last year.

We also got to see a huge mother lay eggs on the east side one night. We went with the biologist and his team. It was fantastic! But we couldn't take pictures because light would scare her away. There is one that someone else took with their phone that's red, I'll try to get that one and post.

Cozumel
Level Contributor
86 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LoggerHead Turtle Video on My Dive In Coz

That Loggerhead has been in the area for about 2 months now. He is the only loggerhead in the area that lets you get close like that. We need to name him. He is alwaya a huge highlight to the dive. We see him (assuming he is a he?) mostly on the walls like cedral, santa rosa, san francisco and Punta Tunich but I have actually seen him on Paradise as well. I don't know how to judge a turtles age but he is no youngster for sure. I hope he stays around a long time!

Really excellent video by the way. Great colors!

Edited: 25 June 2011, 16:27
Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LoggerHead Turtle Video on My Dive In Coz

Thanks Tony! That's a compliment coming from you! I've heard about you around for a couple of years....all good.

I can't tell you what a thrill it was to see this "big guy." Other than seeing the females laying eggs, I've seen one more huge turtle, just sitting and eating on Palancar Reef about 2 years ago and I didn't have my camera then!

Ever since then, I have literally been in search of turtles. I tell Hector, my private DM, to keep watch. As a matter of fact, just before we went into the water off the boat, a big Ladybug flew around and landed on Hector's head. You know, they say Ladybugs mean good luck, as turtles mean good luck too. I immediately rubbed Hector's head for luck and said, turtle, turtle, turtle and everyone on the boat laughed at me.

Well, I showed them!!!! haha.

I can't wait to get back, hopefully by August at least!