We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do non-AI's allow coolers at the pool/beach area?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shreveport...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Do non-AI's allow coolers at the pool/beach area?

This is the first year we are staying at a non-AI resort. We just eat out too much to justify the difference in price. We do enjoy cocktails during the day by the pool/beach, though. We will be staying at the Coral Princess, and I'm wondering if it would be frowned upon if we bring a cooler to the pool/beach stocked with drinks from Mega and poured into our Bubbas? I know they have a bar, but I'm pretty sure we can get drinks cheaper in town.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do non-AI's allow coolers at the pool/beach area?

Good luck with that. You would have to go down on the beach as far as I know if you want to Big Bubba it, but that's if they had a beach. Looks like you will have to dish out the money saved by going to a non AI on a nice cold one from the bar.

Enjoy

Art

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do non-AI's allow coolers at the pool/beach area?

Have stayed at several non AI's and no prob with the coolers and bubbas. Always tipped for clean up and ordered from the bar once in a while. Blue Angel and Casa Del Mar were cool with it.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do non-AI's allow coolers at the pool/beach area?

Did not have a problem with that at Villa Blanca either.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,172 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do non-AI's allow coolers at the pool/beach area?

I have visited quite a few hotels with guests who were staying there and all have allowed coolers.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Do non-AI's allow coolers at the pool/beach area?

Thanks for all the info! I guess we'll give it a try. If we get in trouble we'll just hop in the jeep with our cooler and head to the east side!!

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do non-AI's allow coolers at the pool/beach area?

My answer was obviously way off. It surprised the _____ out of me with that they do allow it. Next time I guess I will just bring my own food to the dinner table...

Art

indiana
Level Contributor
184 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Do non-AI's allow coolers at the pool/beach area?

Art, I don't think your analogy is relevant.

Texas
Level Contributor
135 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do non-AI's allow coolers at the pool/beach area?

You could always just call the resort and ask.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
816 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do non-AI's allow coolers at the pool/beach area?

We have always had a cooler at Fontan. They usually fill it with ice for us. Coral Princess could be a different story as they have multiple bars and roaming waitstaff around their pool. Most of the other hotels mentioned are smaller no frills type places. You might be able to pull it off at Coral Princess, but I bet if you asked they would say no.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,422 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do non-AI's allow coolers at the pool/beach area?

It has been a few years, but we've done this as well. No one complained as we did order a few drinks and lunch at the pool. We were discrete though.

Worst case scenario is that you go to your room to refill your BK.